I'm going to Cedar Point!!!

eeboater

Commander
I had a seasons pass to that park every year from when I was 2 til 19. Now, I haven't been there in 3 years. <br /><br />WITHDRAWL I TELL YOU!!! WITHDRAWL!!!<br /><br />So, as a result, I'm heading out Friday afternoon for a fun filled day of roller coaster riding all day Saturday. Yeah, I know its going to be nutso-busy. But I don't care. I'm going to ride a group of the tallest and fastest roller coasters (at one time) in the world in the amusement park that currently holds the world record for the number of roller coasters.<br /><br />Man, I can't wait.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I'm going to Cedar Point!!!

Yea Sean, that place is great, or use to be. I say that cause it's been a long time since I was there.<br />Have a blast.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Roller coasters rock! My favorite park is Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Never heard of Cedar Point. Is that in WI?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Pretty good haul to and from for ya ain't it ee? Spent a few summer days there myself when I lived in Cleveburg. Have a run for me....and enjoy.

dolluper

Captain

Don't forget to duck when the geese are flying by

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Drowned Rat:<br /> Roller coasters rock! My favorite park is Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Never heard of Cedar Point. Is that in WI?
No DR, in northern Ohio.

eeboater

Commander

Cedar Point... its the best roller coaster park on the planet. DR, if you love coasters, I reccommend you take the trip. I warn you though, there is one major drawback.<br /><br />That drawback is that you will never be happy with Busch Gardens... ever again. I guarantee it. It will quell your thirst for the thrill of adrenaline flowing through your veins, but it just won't be enough. I've been to BG in Williamsburg, so I can say that objectively :D ...<br /><br /> http://www.cedarpoint.com <br /><br />IMO, the best rollercoaster park on the planet. I remember back in the day (mind you, this was 1989) when the Magnum XL200 was opened. At 72 MPH and 205 (?) feet tall it was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. In 2000, they opened the Millenium Force, which gained the title as tallest-fastest again. Topping 310 feet and nailing approximately 92 MPH, that ride gets your heart PUMPING.<br /><br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

Is that place still open? <br /><br />I went there, on my senior trip, 27 years ago!!!! :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Is that place still open? <br /><br />I went there, on my senior trip, 27 years ago!!!! :p
Yea DJ, not only still open, but gets bigger and badder ever year.

D

DJ

Wow.<br /><br /><br />Have fun!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

They own about 6 parks now across the country. Double E have a great time. My niece went back in May to check out the new Max Air. They said it was awesome! <br /><br />I love the place. If you haven't been there in 3 years or so, expect a big difference in attractions. I've been to Universal and Disney, but Cedar Point is still tops to me. Simulated air blowing threw your hair on a fake ride sucks.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

BTW if you get time, check out their marina. Its pretty cool to see all kinds of boats there from differnt places.<br /><br />Have Fun. :D

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Man! The last time I was at the Point was when the Magnum was brand new! I've been itching to go ever since the Top Thrill Dragster opened but work interferes with my weekends BIG time! ee, if you rode it, let me know how it went!

ZmOz

Captain

I used to be terrified of roller coasters. Then about a year ago a friend talked me into going on a big one...now I can't get enough. :D Same thing is true for those rides that let you drop like 15 stories straight down. I think I want to try sky diving now... :eek:

brother chris

Commander

I have not been there for at least 4 years. It is an awesome place. <br />Have fun eeboater! Wish I could join ya.

KaGee

Admiral

Yell real loud when you drive by Toledo!<br /><br />We haven't been to the Point since wifey had her car wreck in '96. It's a great place. No other amusement park comes close IMHO.

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Have a ball EE. I used to go there every year for a family trip, My Father is a rollerr coaster junkie as weel as me and my brother. Haven't beem there is a few years tho. Going to Bush Gardens in Tampa FL this spring tho can't wait!!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I haven't been there in a couple of years. I went back in '01. You know, a long time ago :D <br /><br />I absolutely loved Millenium Force. We will probably go back next summer and do it again!<br /><br />AK Chappy

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> I haven't been there in a couple of years. I went back in '01. You know, a long time ago :D <br /><br />I absolutely loved Millenium Force. We will probably go back next summer and do it again!<br /><br />AK Chappy
WOW!!! Now THATS a long haul for some good roller coastering.<br /><br /><br />I'll be thinking of you all as I'm riding the bunny hills on the Magnum getting some air under my butt :D <br /><br />Sean