ignition wiring

lakebuds

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
2
I have a 120hp Force on a 97 Maxum.<br />All of the wires came off of the ignition switch.<br />I got a diagram from the Olympic boat store , but the wire colors don't match either diagrams.<br />I have (double red)-(black/yellow)-(yellow/black)-(yellow/red)-(purple)-(black).<br />It's a 6 pole switch.<br />Thanks!! :cool:
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: ignition wiring

Red to Battery<br />Black to Magneto<br />Black/Yellow to the other Magneto<br />Yellow/Black to Choke<br />Yellow/Red to Start<br />Purple to Accessory or Ignition<br /><br /><br />The first letter of the function should correspond to letters on the switch.
 

lakebuds

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
2
Re: ignition wiring

Thanks for your response. This doesn't work either.<br />I can start the motor and trim up and down , but none of the gauges work or the stereo. I tried switching the 2 magneto positions and this just makes the volt gauge peg to the negative side and blows the fuse in the motor.
 
Top