ignition wiring

joancarr3

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
1
I have a 1995 Mercury Force 50HP Outboard motor. I just bought it used. I am trying to take the exisiting wiring harness (from the motor 9 point on the motor side and wires on the other end) and connect it to an in the dash, push choke ignition switch. The Harness has the following colored wires: <br />black<br />tan/blue<br />gray<br />black/yellow<br />yellow/red<br />yellow/black<br />purple<br />red<br /><br />The ignition in the dash has the following <br />A<br />B<br />C<br />I<br />M<br />S<br />No power tilt or trim. <br />the quicksilver commander 3000 has 4 wires 2 yellow/red (By the kill switch) and 2 blue (I think so it doesn't start in anything but neutral)
 

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
8,200
Re: ignition wiring

Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />Accessory purple<br />Battery red<br />Choke yellow/black<br />I would be the same as A, are you sure it isn't another M?<br />Magneto (two of them) black and black/yellow<br />Starter yellow/red<br />tan/blue is the overheat signal<br />gray is the tach signal
 
Top