If your having a suspected fuel problem, read this first

dicktaber

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: If your having a suspected fuel problem, read this first

And in the Midwest, try Blain's Farm & Fleet, that's where I bought it...

ZmOz

Captain

Somethings_Fishy...obviously you haven't used Seafoam. It works. It works GREAT. That's all there is to it. Search around here or at almost any other forum about an engine. You will find that EVERY single person who has used it strongly recommends it. No, it doesn't fix everything, but I think it fixes more than anything else that ever came in a can. Actually, it doesn't "fix" anything. It cleans, and that is a proven fact. Cleaning an engine can be a permanent repair for several types of problems, as well as making the engine last longer. Also it definately does make a great 2 cycle starting fluid and engine decarb. All the outboard manufacturers have their own decarb chemicals, and they have them for a reason. If you read on Seafoam's website you will see that it actually was developed for Evinrude outboards.<br /><br />Ken - the IPA is the stabilizer.

I've used it all.... the only thing that cleans carbs is a complete disassemble and overnight soak in carb cleaner. All those sprays are just band-aids

ZmOz

Captain

Oh, I guess all the people that buy can after can of the stuff and love it are wrong then...makes sense... :rolleyes:

Yes, they are called gullible consumers. I am guilty of it with other items myself.<br /><br /> Take a look at your local auto zone or parts store. Do you honestly believe that all of those fuel/oil/transmission additives work like the company claims they do?

ZmOz

Captain

No, I know they don't all work. Seafoam, however, I know works. Try searching any forum about any of those other products...you probably won't find anything, but if you do, it won't be a recommendation.

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I used to work in pharmaceuticals. The best product we ever made was Placebo, it worked great about 25-30% time and had fewer side effects (although it had some, headache, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, wet mouth, urinary tract symtoms, anxiety, sleepiness, jitteriness, and stomach ache) than its competitors.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

So M.G.R, <br /><br />If your Outboard vomits or faints...<br />You know you've poisoned it L O L<br /><br />Don't worry about them.. mate, There are many opinions regarding Seafoam, whether to change impeller 4 times a year.. :D Whether to run fuel out or not :confused: and what the shelf life is<br />for petroleum (One member said 14 days) :D :D Minimum HP for "Kicker" :confused: <br />I have a motor with an Australian S/N and Nobody ANYWHERE, can confirm it's year of MFR :confused: :confused: <br />You won't get Consensus.<br />You just have to read enough posts to establish what the majority does, and what to stay away from.

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

Don't you guys be badmouthing my SeaFoam. I have seen this stuff work over and over and over in every internal combustion engine in my fleet.....and I have a quite extensive fleet which includes boats, atv's, jeeps, trucks, lawnmowers, weedeaters, generators, and yes even my RC airplane was cleaned up by SeaFoam. Most people do not use their motors on a regular basis, and for these folks, SeaFoam helps them out tremendously. My Future commercial case is an old Honda 3wheeler(1986) that gets used a couple of times a year. This motor has never been cracked open, never had the carb rebuilt, no tuneup ever, original plugs, on its 3rd change of oil..... and has had NO problems for years and years. Bottom line is if you keep your equipment clean by using SeaFoam in your gas tank every third fillup, you will have years of maintenance free operation. You "Ney" sayers are the extreme minority......probably because you neglected your own equipment until it was too late, and SeaFoam does NOT repair broken engine parts. It is mearly a engine cleaner and stabilizer that if used regularly provides value added service. :D :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p

jdkzrt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Suggestion to Moderator:<br />Please, Please, Please, start a new forum entitled "Sea Foam" and divert any post mentioning it, or anyone with the term "Sea Foam" in their signature file into it.<br />I think it's pretty safe to say that most viewers have seen and read all that they can stand about this stuff.

greasemonkeyozi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Myself, only considers Sea Foam Deep Creep a last resort before having to rebuild or clean out carbs, especially if you are left stranded miles away from civilisation with no tools.<br /> Like I said in the very first post on top of this page, It just temporary cleaner that cleaned something out in this guy's fuel system to get him back rollin again. It was just a lucky shot that it saved the day. <br /> ;)

greasemonkeyozi

Petty Officer 1st Class

To Moderator:Tell your employers that if the wanna really make some money on this site, sell some Deep Creep individually or by the case. Becha aint thought of that... have ya? :rolleyes:

braindead0

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I suggest those disparaging our product cease doing do or risk being sued for slander. Thank you.
Good luck with that, you cannot slander a company or it's product. The term is applied strictly to persons.<br /><br />Back to the point, I see a lot of folks talking about cleaning carbs with Seafoam, this just isn't so. The only thing it does (and as far as I'm concerned does well) is clean the intake tract and cylinder head of carbon and other junk. Sure, you can do a better job by pulling the heads and removing the carbs, but a little preventative sprits goes a long way.<br /><br />Oh, and It's also great as a fogging oil...

dilligafda

Petty Officer 1st Class

Geez, mercury.grease.rag I've seen people get flamed before, but not quite at this level! This is actually impressive! :eek: <br /><br />The fact that SeaFoam works for you (and others) is absolutley wonderful and I for one encourage you to continue using it as you see fit. The truth of the matter is that similar products are marketed by some major marine manufacturers and other companies outside of the marine industry. <br /><br />Your best recourse to keep away from the flaming is to recommend it when you are asked and not try to report that the stuff is the cure to what ails you (our your motor). I agree with almost every post including yours, but let's not get out of hand. <br /><br />After all we are supposed to be here to help each other!<br /><br />Happy boating! :)

ZmOz

Captain

Think about it - if you spray it through your carb, and put it in your fuel where it runs through every passage of your carb, what is it going to do? It's going to clean it! Maybe not as well as taking it off and dunking it in solvent, but it is going to have some cleaning effect.<br /><br />Hey Seafoam - isn't it about time you start paying me for all these good things I say? :D

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Are we voting? I'm voting for it. It works for me. Try it, if you don't like it, you're our about 6 bucks. Use the remainder on your weedeater.

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

SeaFoam is also cheaper than "Quicksilver Power Tune" and OMC Decarbon. :eek: :mad: <br /> I also want a "SeaFoam" kickback or discount. I have moved a lot of this stuff...........

SeaFoam

Cadet

If you can, eat it!!!!!!!!!!