If the Great Deliberative Unwashed.......

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
....(undecided, that is) stumbled upon Arnold Schwarzenegger tonight, at the Republican convention, it will undoubtedly be the last nail in John Kerry's coffin. He gave an awesome speech.<br /><br />For one quote: <br /><br />“To my fellow immigrants listening tonight, I want you to know how welcome you are in this party,” he said, speaking forcefully to the cheering crowd, as if in exclamation points. “We Republicans admire your ambition. We encourage your dreams. We believe in your future. <br /><br />“One thing I learned about America is that if you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.” <br /><br />I ask, where was the doom and gloom? Where was the whining about how tough it is on the pooooor imigrants? Where were the promises of what the Government would give them beyond the American Dream for those that would apply themselves. <br /><br />Contrast that with Michael Moore sitting with Jimmy Carter during the Democratic National Convention.

NOSLEEP

Commander
Re: If the Great Deliberative Unwashed.......

Kerry never really had a chance.And the voting<br />hasn't even begun.

Link

Rear Admiral

I just stumbled on it by chance also and between Him the Bush girls and the First Lady herself it was awesom.<br /><br />I would have never expected Arny to give such a good speech! <br /><br />Ofcourse Dan BLather said he kicked kerry around like a hocky puck! He always has to get his little "jab" in when he is just"reporting" the news :( <br /><br />Oh well... Them Bush girls are cuties <br /><br />Goes to show that not All Dumbes are Blonde!<br /><br /> :D :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I just hope Rush got a lot of sound bytes, because I was sleepin. I listen to 'the godfather' every day, so I may hear it yet.<br />I like Arny because he does not use big words and says what is in his heart at the time. DEFINATELY, no girlie-man !!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

An Arnie qoute.......How to know if your republican.<br /><br />"If you believe that government should be accountable to the people, not the people to the government, then you are a Republican! If you believe a person should be treated as an individual, not as a member of an interest group, then you are a Republican! If you believe your family knows how to spend your money better than the government does, then you are a Republican! If you believe our educational system should be held accountable for the progress of our children, then you are a Republican! If you believe this country, not the United Nations, is the best hope of democracy in the world, then you are a Republican! And, ladies and gentlemen, if you believe we must be fierce and relentless and terminate terrorism, then you are a Republican!"<br /><br />NICE............. :) :D :)

LubeDude

Admiral

I saw Arnie also, I squinted my eyes a little and imagined him giving that speech as if he himself were running for President. I hear there are things in the works trying to get the rules changed so he in fact could run.<br /><br />HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????????<br /><br />Swarzenegger for President???<br /><br />I truly believe he could win in 2008.

ndemge

Commander

LD... already people talking of trying to change the laws to make it possible.

ndemge

Commander

oh crap, I replied in a political thread... ah screw it, I'll Hijack it later....<br /><br />Um,...<br /><br />DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS! whew, I feal better.

gonfishn

Commander

Ndemedge..Then you need to see Prairie Dog fishn..The Election is still a while yet so pace yourself folks..

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I saw something about squirel fishing in a park. Tie an in the shell peanut to a light spinning outfit and play with the Rockies. <br /><br />Might work too with a different bait for Geese in the park or Gulls in the Wally World parking lot! Cheap thrills to entertain yourself while wifeypoo is in shopping.