If Kerry is elected President:

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
After listening to all the gloating in the press and seeing the liberal whiners along the inauguration route, the folks from Tex-as would probably decide to take matters into their own hands.<br /><br />To wit:<br /><br />#1: If he gets elected, let Kerry become President of the 49<br />United States.<br /><br />#2: Texas will SECEDE FROM THE UNION as guaranteed by our right to do so when we joined the Union.<br /><br />#3: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic of Texas.<br /><br />Will we survive as a Republic? Well, let's see. NASA's in Houston (so,<br />we basically control the space industry).<br /><br />85% of the gasoline in the United States is refined in Texas City.<br /><br />Over 65% of the defense industry is located here. (The term "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS" would take on a whole new meaning.)<br /><br />Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years.<br /><br />Natural Gas - Again we have all we need. Maybe we'll sell<br />some to Mr. Kerry.<br /><br />Computer Industry - HP, Texas Instruments, Dell, Compaq, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semicon-ductor, Delphi, Nortel... All located here.<br /><br />Health Care - We have the largest (WORLDSBEST) research centers for Cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world.<br /><br />Education - Between U.T., Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, TCU, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, University of North Texas and Texas Women's University we ought to be covered. Ivy grows better in the south anyway.<br /><br />Labor - Lots of workers here (and just open the border when we need some<br />more)<br /><br />We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.<br /><br />Defense - In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas Na-tional Guard and the Texas Air National Guard.<br /><br />Agriculture - We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, chickens and vegetable produce.<br /><br />*Gotta mention that we have an abundant supply of the best-looking ladies<br />in the whole world. And any snide remarks about our women being "corn<br />fed" will get your butt kicked (--by our women!)<br /><br />We have Faith in God as our Supreme Creator and Savior.<br /><br />Texas will have "In God We Trust" on the front and back of its own money.<br /><br />Texas will have prayers at all sporting events.<br /><br />Texans will have the Ten Commandments posted where ever they want.<br /><br />Each school day will be opened with prayer.<br /><br />We've got mountains.<br /><br />We've got beaches.<br /><br />East Texas is forest.<br /><br />West Texas is desert.<br /><br />There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.<br /><br />Now to the rest of The United States under President Kerry : God bless you all...truly...and good luck!<br /><br />Signed,<br /><br />The Citizens of "The Republic of Texas"

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: If Kerry is elected President:

Then heck... I'm moving to the Lone Star State.<br />Bassy

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

So? Secede.. Long as ya'll keep dubya and don't let him out of the state, that be fine with me..<br /><br />p.s. Yep... NASA's mission control is in Houston, but remember this, Florida has all NASA's important stuff... :p

jsmcc

Cadet

Amen dk990496. Don't pay no mind to snapperbait. NASA has to be run from Houston because Palm Beach and surrounds can't figure it out after lighting the candle. Guess that goes for voting too.<br /><br />All in Fun.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just make sure you keep dubya there and all the stuff that you are making, keep it there also. The rest of us wil be just fine without the help of the lone star state.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thats great as long as we are allowed it immigrate to Texas. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Can you make room in in your new sovriegn land for the state of Florida? We have the other half of the space industry, and together, we can shut-down USK's cell phones, network news, MTV. They would cease to function in about 2 hours.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Do you think that between NASA,TEXAS and FLORIDA you can figure out the difference between inches and centimeters on your way to Mars? Never mind being stuck with gasoline engines three hundred years from now.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Yep, and gas will be just fine with me. We got plenty of it. We have plenty of natural gas too, my county has almost 85 rigs drilling new holes right now, next year we are sceduled to get 1148 more. Yes, you read that right, all in one county. I have no true desire to succede but in no way would I try to stop it if it was to happen. <br /><br />Things to remember:<br />Texas can still split into 5 states if it desires.<br />Texas has the right to succeed.<br />Texas is the only state that can fly her flag the same height as the US flag.<br /><br /><br /> American by birth, Texan by the grace of GOD.

Link

Rear Admiral

Texas is starting to look pretty good. Even when President Bush is re-elected :) <br />Sounds like someone had their thinking cap on when they joined the Union.<br />Glad I still have my original birth certificate!<br /> <br />Houston Texas, Memorial Hospital at 07:30 PM on the eighth day of M*** in the Year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Fifty ****<br /><br />I'm I startin to sound TEXAN yet?? ;) <br /><br />Come on dudes... it's my birth right! Ya'll gota let me back in so "we" can block our borders. :D <br />We gotta work on some of those silly rules though.. Wet county vrs Dry county where a street seperates counties..<br />But ofcourse there would be another plus to being our own country!<br /><br />First we would emty all the prisons sending everyone back to their own country with a promise of a hanging if they ever get caught comming back!<br /><br />We would have no Prison system!<br />All Texans are proper people and don't break the rules! We wear "white cowboy hats" and tip them to our peers. Say Yes or No Mam and Sir! <br /><br /> Just a county jail to throw all them visitors into when they break the rules.. Give them a good breakfast in the morning and let them know that if they do it again they will be banned from our Country!<br /><br />Oh being a cititzin of Texas means talkin ar type of Enlish! or the county jail! Blend in or get ur butt outa our Country! We didn't ask ya'll to come here! Ya'll wanted too!<br />Pretty basic I think<br /><br />Did I do good at takin Texan?? ;) <br /><br />Good post dk990496<br /><br />Enjoyed having fun with it.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm, I wonder if it's to late for me to move back to Texas as well. I fogot about their escape clause.

tylerin

Commander

Gosh, we'll have to hire more Border patrol. <br />"VIVA TEX-MEX"

Carphunter

Commander

Texans :confused: .................Y'all ain't got nothin on us redneck Hoosiers. ;)

aspeck

Staff member

Can I come to Texas too? I promise to learn the Texas method of BBQ!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Do you think that between NASA,TEXAS and FLORIDA you can figure out the difference between inches and centimeters on your way to Mars? Never mind being stuck with gasoline engines three hundred years from now.
I think the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.<br />You want your,<br /><br />You want your,<br /><br />You want your MTV.....Don't you?<br /> And Bush is good.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I'm workin on moving to Texas, even more so now, after reading this post!!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I WANT MY Mtv!!!!! :D Martha Quinn era... (as snapper drools) :cool: <br /><br />Bush is bad... :p

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Howdeeee<br /><br />Where you put 150,000,000 new "citizens" in Texas?<br /> :confused: <br /><br />Them trailer house builders would have to hire 10's of thousands new employee's and work around the clock! :eek: <br /><br />But Texas' new claim to fame would be , "We got the biggest trailer park in the world!!!" :D <br /><br />Just think, "genuine liberal skin, cowboy boots." <br /><br />That just might work.........Count me in.........<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...