FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I take it the H in HIN stands for hull? That number is obvious and is the one I mentioned I think may have been re-riveted from another boat. Is it stamped anywhere else I meant?
Take your first three numbers of your HIN and put it in the MIC box, at least you'll know if it belongs on that model http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm
As for a duplicate number ( depending on the year ) there should be one stamped as a mirror image to the one outside on the transom. This one will be inside the hull.