FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just simply ask the seller for the model number off the data plate. That will identify the motor, the shaft length and year. If they really want to sell it.....it is a simple easy request.
Pass on that motor, it is not for you It has NO retail value no matter what the "blue book" says, but if you want it as a learning project - not a reliable powerplant - then go for it.
Interesting. I've heard my share of horror stories about FICHT....but I was under the impression that certain FICHT engines were upgraded somehow by OMC or Bombardier.....thus rendering them more or less acceptable
I almost made the mistake of buying a Lund Tyee rigged with that motor. After doing some research, I could see the issues they were having and never ended up buying it. I believe the power heads kept failing on them. I know that's a vague, but powerheads are very costly. Take a pass on that outboard.