Idenification Numbers

machine_nut

Cadet
I just purchased an 18' Chris Craft Corsair which is I was told by seller is a 1978, Can anyone tell me where to find the identification numbers as I need these for regitration. I have look every where I could think of and found nothing.

Thank for you help in advance.
Gene:confused:

Last edited:

Lyle29464

Lieutenant
Re: Idenification Numbers

look at the outside of your transom. starboard side near the top last 2 numbers s/b 78

machine_nut

Cadet

I have looked there and nothing, I'm in Maine and the boat was registered in New Hampsire ,maybe dmv can help.I haven't checked with them yet but was told it could be an aveneu to check.

Innozone

Recruit

Do you have a swimplatform which is mounted on the stern? I have a CC Scdorpion 210 and hull number is located on the stern on the SB side behinde the swimplatform.

machine_nut

Cadet

No I don't have a swim platform, I found a few numbers on the step but they only apply to the year and number built according to a book I have all boats built by Cris Craft. Turns out to be a 1964 Corsair. I still haven't found any other numbers or ID plates. I had the State assign one for me but I wish I had the original as I think I may just restore this boat.

Thanks