ID this mystery 70's Evinrude please?

Catwagon

Seaman Apprentice
I just picked up this motor which has seen better days.<br /><br /> I want to replace some parts on it but for the life of me I don't know how to identify it. It seems that the transom mount assembly has been replaced at some point because it is a completely different shades of blue than the rest of the engine. The transom mount is clearly from a '67 18 horse based on the model number but the hood and lower cowl is the later 70's style.<br /><br /> This only leaves me with the freeze plug for a reliable engine ID. Since I have no idea where to find freeze plug dating info on the web I'll have to bother you folks with my hat in my hand.<br /><br /> The top number on the plug is E000N57 (the N position is pretty scratched up but I *think* it's an N). The bottom number is 25802E. I was told it was a '73 35 hp but I have no clue if it is or not and guessing doesn't count for much when you're ordering parts.<br /><br /> Thanks folks, Steve

Catwagon

Seaman Apprentice
Re: ID this mystery 70's Evinrude please?

Thank you very, very much R. Johnson! I was completely lost concerning the ID.<br /><br />Steve

wlpendley

Recruit

Can you tell me what year my Evinrude 25 was built? <br />Model: 257029     Serial: E0003874     Is this a 1978 model?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please don't hijack catwagon's topic, tirebiter.<br /><br />Read "New posters, read this first", then post your question as a new topic.

wlpendley

Recruit

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Please don't hijack catwagon's topic, tirebiter... post your question as a new topic.
Sorry bout that. I *did* read the newbie guidelines and where it says...<br /><br />"5. All posts related to your request should be posted as replies to that topic, not on a new topic."<br /><br />I thought that meant we should "Reply" when the topic was identical to our own question, rather than starting a new topic for the same thread...<br /><br />But will do as you suggest and post mine as a new topic.