Icons not being displayed

mshirley

Cadet
Greetings all:<br /><br />Those little icons (smiley faces, etc.) within the messages and elsewhere on this site are not displaying for me. All I have are boxes where the images should be. Anyone know how to correct this?

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Icons not being displayed

if old, try upgrading your web browser or, if you are working through a network, some security levels may prevent displaying of the gif's

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Even a high setting of security level within your (otherwise) standard browser may prevent it.<br /><br />The browser upgrade is a general solution and most recommendable even regarding safety issues.

mshirley

Cadet

Well, I just upgraded to IE 6 a couple of weeks ago. Security setting is at medium within the browser and I'm not connected to a network.<br />Stumped.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds weird.<br /><br />Check your settings "Advanced" and make sure it's set to Standard.<br /><br />Even delete Internet temp files

petryshyn

Commander

try going into:<br /><br />>tools<br />>internet options<br />>advanced<br /><br />scroll down to multimedia and be sure that "show pictures" is checked <br /><br />Did you change any preferences since you loaded Explorer 6 ?

ebbtide176

Commander

You might want to ask Admin5 for advice also.<br />Click on "contact us" at bottom of this page.

mshirley

Cadet

It fixed itself! Came into work this morning, booted up and the images appear. Wish my outboard would do that (fix itself). I'm still kicking myself in the a$$ for not changing the fuel when I bought it.<br /><br />I got gremlins now! :D

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do the gremlins multiply when you get them wet.
invasion.gif
<br /><br />I have a College buddy from Hoxie.