Iboats terrible customer service, or lack of

gooden123

Seaman Apprentice
Before I begin, I already am aware this isn't the right site to do this and definitely the wrong thread, but it is the busiest. I have no choice. I am looking for answers on order #6203978. Said ships in 1 day from Fenton, Michigan warehouse when I ordered. Very common prop that fits 1974-2005 OMC 9.9 and who knows how many other hps, so not a rare species. Said I'd get a 2nd email when it ships. Nothing going into day 9. Customer service is by contact form only with a 3-5 day response(???) Did that. Nada. Shouldn't have to contact them about something that allegedly ships in 1 day if they were to give me status update anyway. Called them today and she said they don't give order info over the phone and to use the contact form. I said I want to cancel. She said use the contact form. And what? Wait 3-5 days between responses when they still haven't answered my first one asking for a tracking number if it has shipped. This is my last straw before this goes on every fishing, hunting and boating Facebook page that I'm on as well as thehulltruth (surprised people still use forums, however). I should have A. Got a simple status update. B. Be able to talk to a human that can tell me the status within 24 hours. C. Ultimately have my prop by now since it said ships in 1 day or I wouldn't have ordered it. Guessing that was a fallacy though. D. Cancel easily. E. Not directly related to iBoats, I have UPS My Choice which tells if anything is in transit to my address and UPS Ground is the shipping method on my invoice, nothing so...starting to think it's not coming at all but will give this a few days.

Admins will probably move this to a less busy forum or delete it and me which is fine, I could just make new accounts under new emails and paste this over and over again until I get answers or recieve my prop. But no, Facebook is a way better "voice" and if that happens, that's where I'm going. I also am aware iboats moderators are not customer service reps. It seems iboats doesn't actually have any so I wouldn't expect them to be on here. But someone knows someone or something I'm sure since this is connected to the same site.

gooden123

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks I saw colonel sanders on a couple other posts for very similar issues. Seems to be a continual thing. I'm in business and know if I told my customers, over the phone especially, that they need to email me and then I'd get back to them in 3-5 days on the status of an order they would tell me to kick rocks. Does this sound normal to anyone? Have a human on the phone with an order number and they tell you to email them with their voice

racerone

Supreme Mariner
You local dealer / boat shop would have that prop in stock.-----Fairly common item.-----Painless to support your local dealer.

gooden123

Seaman Apprentice
You local dealer / boat shop would have that prop in stock.-----Fairly common item.-----Painless to support your local dealer.
None of them did or I would have. I am a marine mechanic by the way so I tried my sources but nobody had an 8 pitch and I needed it Sunday. Saw ships in 1 day and never foreshadowed a problem getting it within 2 weeks. I got an answer out of this though. Apparently they replied twice. Once on the 15th saying there was a delay. Once on the 16th saying it shipped. I got every email iboats related except 2 replies I guess, yeah okay. Not in spam either. Then on my order confirmation it says UPS Ground. The tracking number he sent (attached to email) is USPS and just says "shipping label created. USPS awaiting item". Guess what time? Today @ 5:06 P.M. So it didn't ship yesterday like he claims was in the reply to the contact form that I didn't get. In fact, it still hasn't shipped because the courier doesn't have it yet. Oh he offered a $20 credit for my next order which was nice but there isn't a chance. Live and learn.

gooden123

Seaman Apprentice
Last update. My apologies! I did find the emails. I guess I have 2 spam folders. Still confused why only those emails didn't go into my inbox. That's something iboats should look into preventing. Or at least put a disclaimer on the contact form page telling the customers to check. My fault nonetheless

Berdink

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A lot of places tell you to check your spam folder before doing such and such. I think an occasional rant is okay.
Glad you figured it out.

colonel_sanders

Administrator
Staff member
Last update. My apologies! I did find the emails. I guess I have 2 spam folders. Still confused why only those emails didn't go into my inbox. That's something iboats should look into preventing. Or at least put a disclaimer on the contact form page telling the customers to check. My fault nonetheless
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and wanted to let you know we take feedback seriously. I know a member of our Customer Care team has reached out to you in an effort to make this right and that you have exchanged emails. Please feel free to reply to Jason regarding any additional needs you have and he will do everything possible to get your situation resolved.

Curt Sanders

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Iboats has no way of keeping things out of YOUR spam folder(s). Its on your end and how your email account is setup

Iboats crew is great

colonel_sanders

Administrator
Staff member
Iboats has no way of keeping things out of YOUR spam folder(s). Its on your end and how your email account is setup

Iboats crew is great
@alldodge I appreciate your enthusiasm. iboats has had plenty of challenges as of late and we recognize that we have room to grow. The spam email feedback that @gooden123 provided is something i'll be looking into this weekend. We use a 3rd party provider for our ticket system and i suspect there are some technical refinements that can be made to increase inbox visibility rate.

Fun Times

Staff member
@alldodge I appreciate your enthusiasm. iboats has had plenty of challenges as of late and we recognize that we have room to grow. The spam email feedback that @gooden123 provided is something i'll be looking into this weekend. We use a 3rd party provider for our ticket system and i suspect there are some technical refinements that can be made to increase inbox visibility rate.
Just as an additional heads-ups for you… it would be nice if they are able to find and correct something to keep things out of the spammer box as I recall there have been a few times that after looking up items to share with others here on the forums I’d get a “still interested in this item” type email and the first one or 2 would may be in the normal email area and then automatically it seemed to switch to the spammer box part of the email.🤔
Thanks and good luck.👍

CHESSIEBILL

Recruit
While this is a fresh thread....
I've been trying to get shipping/ tracking information on order #6205104 for days. No response from customer service. Only email i received said item would ship next business day from Florida, 5 days shipping and I'll receive email with tracking information. Had i known the lack of customer support i would have never ordered from iboats.com. 3 unanswered emails from me. Next step is contacting credit card company to file fraud to get refund. I honestly just want my product I ordered. Or at least information on when i can expect it.

CHESSIEBILL

Recruit
Now the website shows out of stock on the item I ordered..... I have idea if the order was filled or not.

elsaylor

Cadet
i appreciate the forum keeping this topic open and not shunning it. go america