iboats Search engine ???????How about it Admin's.........

Bondo

Staff member
What happen to the Search function ????<br />When I searched for a post of Mine, I got Only posts from 2004........<br />With another Search, I got returns from 2001,+ 2002.......<br />None from 2003.............<br />What's up with this..........

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: iboats Search engine ???????How about it Admin's.........

Beetz me..But there was a major "post-loss" back a couple years back. A large body of iboats' content was accidentally deleted by---Well, let's not drag him thru town on a rail again. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />Beetz me..But there was a major "post-loss" back in early 2002. A large body of iboats' content was accidentally deleted by---Well, let's not drag him thru town on a rail again. :D
Oh yea, his name was STEVE<br />He was the reason a lot of people lost posts and hard telling what else happened. :p

Bondo

Staff member

Ya, Well the posts are All There,<br />It's just the Search Engine doesn't bring them up........<br /><br />How about it Admin's.........<br />Any Fixes about to Happen ???????

Bondo

Staff member

^

sloopy

Commander

Steve was backing files up and screwing around with the server then POOF! He wrote me a letter after I emailed him, he told me everything that happened.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have no problem bringing up posts from as far back as 2001, except for the gap that Steve accidentally deleted.<br /><br />There is no fix for files that are gone. They are gone. No attempt to "fix" it is planned, as far as I know.<br /><br />Perhaps by narrowing your search you will have better luck.<br /><br />Good luck. :)