I will never buy or even look at a GMC product because of the invasive banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have really enjoyed this forum but the advertising is starting to border on really annoying, I will never buy a GMC or Chevy product for the sole reason that they think it is a good idea to force you to close an ad banner every time you open this forum or any pages on the forum.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I will never buy or even look at a GMC product because of the invasive banner

Awesome ! More vehicles for me to choose from ! Thanks !

mphy98

Lieutenant
Re: I will never buy or even look at a GMC product because of the invasive banner

We enjoy this forum and it is a small price to pay for all the info and help that we enjoy. I am sorry you feel that way. Myself, I guess I am getting older as I do not sweat the small things in life that I cannot change.

bekosh

Lieutenant

We enjoy this forum and it is a small price to pay for all the info and help that we enjoy. I am sorry you feel that way. Myself, I guess I am getting older as I do not sweat the small things in life that I cannot change.

Ads are fine. But ads that make it impossible to use the forums are counter productive.

That said it's easy enough to add the Adblock app to your browser and never see any of the ads.

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

what ads,oh that is right i have ad blocker plus activated:)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Okay why don't you consider a sizable donation to iboats for keeping this forum free and running? offer to match or exceed the money they receive for running that ad.

Obviously you have not read what other's have done to block the advertising but you would rather complain. :facepalm:

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

People come on the forum, click around 100 times to read, post, edit, or simply scan the pages. BUT...it's that ONE extra click that drives you insane? Seroiusly?

Running ads is the only reason we get this for free. When it pops up (one time per session only), one click and it's closed for good. How difficult is that?

JRJ

Commander

Since when does it take advertising money to run a free web site? :facepalm:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Do you know there are employees dedicated to fixing stuff on the forum? Costs for the servers, maintenance of those servers, forum software, flangelrods and muffler bearings to change. Stuff like that.

Oh, and superpop . . . what Outboard are you going to switch to?

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class

what ads,oh that is right i have ad blocker plus activated:)

how do i get this added??
i switched to crome and just need to get the right app, then?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I get so sick of complaints over that ad.
I have said it before, "How do you feel about a subscription, fee based site?" Would $25.00 a year be worth it to you?
NO????
Then shutty....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do you know there are employees dedicated to fixing stuff on the forum? Costs for the servers, maintenance of those servers, forum software, flangelrods and muffler bearings to change. Stuff like that.

Enough already about a once per session pop-up that helps bring this fine boating source from the Information Highway to our doorsteps!

I consider myself to be a fairly technical person. But what in the world is a flangelrod?

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer

On my linux and windows machines, adblock helps, but with my droid phone, that silverado truck ad plants itself right on whatever I am trying to look at. And the X button is off the screen, so I just have to close the window and try again, beating the ad to the spot I need to click on.

VERY annoying ad.

But, I guess if you are a paid subscription member, those ads go away...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I'll tell ya what really burns my butt!:mad:

... a flame about 32" high!:eek:

204 Escape

Ensign

Why complain about a ad that advertises the American peoples investment, enhancing sales for your dollar return. (We own a part of Gm) ;) (Thats a joke son).

ezbtr

Commander

Oh, and superpop . . . what Outboard are you going to switch to?

and the frequent blinker fluid drain and refills! :)

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

There is one in every crowd....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That ad does NOT prevent use of this board. What a stupid whine.

That ad does not invade anything that belongs to you, it provides this board for you, ingrate.

I have read all of this claptrap I am going to tolerate. End of ungrateful parasites' complaints.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.