I want to repair my damaged hull. Some pictures for you to look at.

drummerbum

Recruit
I havent had a chance to do much to this project since originally getting it.
My first post on iboats was about what kind of boat is this about a year ago? After a little looking into I have had these responses...

1. Hornet
2. Maybe a Beisemeyer
3. Or maybe a Saguaro

Just a recap... I traded one of my extra cars last summer to a buddy who wanted to ditch this boat, a 1978 Mako, or so the title says, in the hills and torch it for insurance money. He needed a car and I like projects so I saved his rear from insurance fraud and picked up another project! :cool: I have never owned a boat before so it is a new thing for me.
It is far from perfect and I was aware of this, the motor (454bbc) would run but back fired through the intake. I found 6 flat lobes and chewed up lifters. Interior was left unprotected for the winter prior and cats nested up in it...:eek: among other issues
My main concern now being that I can repair the engine on my own would be the hull damage.
View attachment 148028View attachment 148027View attachment 148023View attachment 148024View attachment 148026
As you can see I've opened up the crack in the hull a little already, it was just siliconed before.
Going to start some repairs soon. Any tips, advice?
I have done a little fiberglass work on cars before but nothing major. Im not even sure if this crack sits in the water, Ill bet it does or its darn close. I have yet to float the thing!
Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: I want to repair my damaged hull. Some pictures for you to look at.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Yer pictures ain't workin'....

drummerbum

Recruit

Thanks Bond-o and let me try again to post them.

P1010790 resize.jpgP1010793.jpg2012-05-19 18.27.40.jpg2012-05-19 18.27.47.jpg2012-05-19 18.45.23.jpg

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Welcome to Iboats DB :) ..

Welp..your gonna be grinding away more.. all that white coffee creamer looking glass should be ground out.

It should be glassed from the inside as well.

Start looking for the best way to get to that repair from the deck side. Your going to uncap or your going to cut out some of the deck for access..

YD.

drummerbum

Recruit

Yacht Dr. it has very limited access from above... of course! I was pretty sure I was going to have to remove all the damaged glass on the "ridge" for lack of proper terminology, Just wanted to see if there was any other options before I went that far.
P1010804resize.jpgP1010805resize.jpg
I dont think I would even have enough room if I removed this support. Cramped area for sure!
Little overwhelmed at the thought of removing the cap. An access panel through the deck sounds a little more on my level lol.