I thought it was supose to get easier

FSHKPR

Ensign
been over 10 weeks since i had my last cigarette. i thought it was supose to get easier the longer you went with out one? had a period of about 3 weeks that i hardly thought of one at all. now this last week has been horrible. and its making me very irritable.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I thought it was supose to get easier

You have true grit. Good for you, keep it up. I reckon it'll get easier someday. Mark.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) My son just went thru the giving up smoking crisis!!!!! 3pack a day and gave it up with the patch been 6 months and no smokes!!!! ;) :cool:

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

fshkpr, keep with it and you will get through.

FSHKPR

Ensign

thanks the thing that helps is i truly do feel better and i love the extra money. so i really dont want to smoke. so why in the heck does it keep popping into my head that i want one.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I quit by repeatedly telling myself that cigarettes taste NASTY, are expensive, and will kill me. Try that.

sangerwaker

Commander

It does get easier FK. For some it takes weeks, for others it may take months or even years. Be strong and know that you are a healthier, happier person without the smokes. Congratulations on making it to this point. Stay strong and you'll go a lot farther.<br /><br />I quit about 11 years ago, and every once in a great while, I'll catch a whiff of a cig and have a short craving. It doesn't necessarily go away completely, no matter how long it's been. Be prepared for that.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

FSHKPR,<br />I feel your pain. This July will be 7years smoke free for me. I quit cold turkey. One of the hardest things I have ever done.<br /><br />It does get easier each passing day. Every once and a while I still get a craving.<br /><br />I usually find something to keep me busy and it gets my mind off it and goes away. <br /><br />Stay strong and fight the urge. Congrats on your 10weeks. Your lungs are healing themselves now.<br /><br />Check this site out.<br /> Benefits of Not Smoking

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Do a search online for "lung cancer pictures". I was going to post one on here but would probably be banned from iboats for life. Lungs aren't pretty anyhow, but comparing the ones of smokers and non-smokers has to be a turn-off.<br /><br />From a site I found:<br /><br />By the time you finish reading this sentence, another person will have died of a smoking related disease. Yet another person will be taking their final few breaths. Is it you next? Or maybe somebody in your family? You already know that smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, and emphysema. You also know that second-hand smoke is just as dangerous to your friends, family and children. The choice is yours. Do you want to be a statistic or a survivor? <br /><br />In the Western World there are more people who die from smoking related diseases than those who who die each year from AIDS, car accidents, alcohol, drugs, fires, homicides and suicides — COMBINED. In Britain, around 120,000 people die of smoking related diseases every year and in America it is well over 400,000 deaths every year.<br /><br />More than just Quitting Cigarettes<br /><br />This is not just about quitting smoking, it's about the really important things :<br /><br />Being Healthy <br />Breathing Properly <br />Regaining your Taste <br />Regaining your sense of Smell <br />Enjoying Food <br />Self Respect <br />Saving money <br />Feeling Energised <br />Healthy Mind <br />Cheaper Life Assurance <br />Abundant Life <br />Confidence <br />Having Vitality <br />FEELING GOOD

NYMINUTE

Captain

You are doing better than me, I am happy to be under a pack a day. I give up on the quit altogether thing. I AM ADDICTED. Period..end of report. Hope you kick it.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I quit and after a few weeks wanted one really bad, it took one of my coworkers telling me to quit being a sissy (in a little more colorful language).... it's just a cigarette and I don't NEED one.<br /><br />Please don't think I'm calling you names here - just a little pep talk. It's not worth screwing up 10 weeks for a stinkin' cigarette.