I THOUGHT I COULD GET SOME HELP BUT I GUESS I CAME TO THE WRONG PLACE

kev_79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I THOUGHT I COULD GET SOME HELP BUT I GUESS I CAME TO THE WRONG PLACE

Sometimes, you might want to, if you decide to stay, reply to your own post to put it back at the top. What was your post? Most of us have jobs, other things to do, but we really do want to help, but we don't come in after a weekend on the water and rummage through all the messages for the past 3 days. Also, if we don't know, we can't help. If you ask me about a 50 model sears outboard, and you want to know the timing spec, I won't reply, because it will just get into the way of the one's who might know. Tell me where, or what your post is, and I will try to help, but if we can't, don't get mad :mad: :mad: :mad:

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

ROUND HERE YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE.....

kevlar3000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This board is a result of the generous nature of many folks who do this at no charge. With your attitude you came to the wrong board, you are better served elswhere. Simply put, if you don't get a response then politely post again. :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, AMF, I guess we just don't know everything all the time. For example, what engine are you talking about, 55 or 85? Have you experimented with different settings?<br /><br />Chill a little bit, mate. What are you really angry about?<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

All I expected was a yes i can help or no i cant. I belong to a number of message boards as i am an automotive mechanic i can always offer some kind of help. I look for posts that have no responses and direct to another board that may be able to help more...This board seemed large enough that after several days I would have some kind of responce....OBVIOUSLY I WAS WRONG...<br /><br />P.S. I Dont play with settings .....( NICE RESPONCE ).

clanton

Rear Admiral

If I had to guess it would be 6, but all tachs are not the same, and will not work on all motors.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

AMF<br /><br />Sometimes people just don't have an answer, or they have to look for the answer. <br />I hope you fix your problem. Also, people have been just a little distracted lately, and its sort of hard to care much about boat motor problems, know what I mean? Priorities. After eleven years of military service, I thought I had seen it all, but my perspective has been changed somewhat, so give the people who use this board a break. Try different settings, you'll get the right one, just process of elimination. Good luck...

choat

Cadet

If you are on many boards like you say..and if you spent a little time reading this one you would find that this board has some of the nicest people around..anywhere else this post would have been flamed off the I-net.<br /><br /> Relax Guy :)

blowfish

Cadet

I'm new to this forum, and I would like to say thank you very much for the help and responces I got here, infact it saved me at least 125.00 bucks. And I too (4 yrs USAF)<br />have lately, all eyes on CNN.

fone_man

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Where is this guy coming from!!! I know JB, Walter, ODDD1, myself & others go back over days of postings, sometimes months back, & come up with answers or places to direct these individuals to resolve thier issues at hand.<br /><br />I believe JasonJ, Kevlar3000 & Kev_79 nailed it on the head... No answer... move your post up!!! A lot of us are gone or getting ready to go for the weekend!!! Distracted, is mild regarding our nation's emergency in NY & DC!!! I know I haven't been in front of my computer as much on iboats.com... I have been on CNN & various other sites!!!<br /><br />Plus being in the Automotive industry... you know very well that you do not walk in or call your parts house without having all pertinent info regarding model, serial, year, carb, TBI or EFI, etc... You know this is important just as your parts supplier knows it too... this is why he probably has to ask you for it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />You sound like an impatient individual that thinks someone owes you an answer... we all try to help when we can & if we know the answer.<br /><br />In conclusion, I quote Kevlar3000... "With your attitude you came to the wrong board, you are better served elswhere."<br /><br /> :mad:

chads15

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well, all i can say with my 2 cents. i dont have much pull in this board. i try to help from what i know. and thats my force 150 (OK DONT LAUGH) and these guys on here are the best bunch of people that i know. i have used several boards. and these guys work day jobs and are on here in there spare time to fix problems that they DO NOT GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE for doing. this is a personal thanks for all of you that have helped me and many others. and for gods sake, take a moment to think about the lives that were shattered. lives lost and for what?, boats, cars, houses, are material things. your **** boat can wait a day or 2.<br /><br />OK i feel better.

Fouled Plug

Ensign

I am deeply sorry that this forum, which is contributed to FREE OF CHARGE by others with experience in the marine field, has disappointed you. Please feel free to PAY for advice from others in the future, and don't be impatient with those who offer it with no strings attached. :rolleyes:

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

One of the reasons I enjoy this board so, is that it is so inspiring to see people helping one another, my contributions are small. I have never posted a problem, yet I feel so enriched. AMF, you may have been to many boards, but unfortunately, you seem to miss the Big Picture. The help offered on this board is truly a GIFT. The title on your post insinuates that you are owed something, and that the people on this board are unwilling to help others. <br /><br />Well if that is how you think, then you are truly in the wrong place, and I wont miss you one bit! In fact if Admin5 had a gremlin that looked like a little baby crying I would post it for you right here: ____<br /><br /><br />God Bless America, my heart goes out for all of those suffering the losses of loved ones. Mike

rwise

Captain

AMF<br />you do not need to "YELL" and I would bet you have not read past posts on your issue.

harrison20002

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found this board by accident, I also had two old motors that were taking up space in my garage. I posted a thread and found a group of people who knew what they were talking about and were willing to share their knowledge.<br /><br />Yes AMF, you definatly have found the wrong place, on this page everyone shares what they know. There is no charge, only common courtesy. <br /><br />Between Fone_Man,Crom,Odd1,J.B. & Walter there is probably a hundred years of Boating experience, AND BUDDY, YOU BLEW IT! Hal Virgo <br />P.S. My two old motors? They are running fine, thank you. And thanks to Fone_Man I even know what year they are.

jgrigs99

Cadet

looking for instantaneous answers can sometimes create instaneous &^%*%&*$*$*$.<br />trying my new (old) 30 years exactly, motor out on the big pond today! got to get away from CNN for a little while ;) :cool: :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. I have noticed a lot of short tempers these past few days...including mine. I suppose that is to be expected, but it is a victory for terrorists if we are so distracted and upset that we cannot continue to function normally and treat our mates with courtesy.<br /><br />Let's give a little extra attention to remaining cool and dealing with whatever comes with appropriate spirit. Keep your anger directed where it really belongs.<br /><br />Now, AMF. Are you mounting this tach on a 55 (2 cyl.) or an 85 (4 cyl.)? You will do no harm by experimenting with the settings. You will show 600-800rpm at idle and 5000 to 5500 at WOT when you find the correct setting. That's how I've done it every time I put one in myself.<br /><br />BTW Harrison, I think several hundred years. I've been a boater and motorhead for about 55 years. Those other guys must be a little gray to know so much.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Cuddy

Cadet

I consider myself lucky to have found this resource and am grateful for all the sound advice I have received. <br /><br />NO
mecry.gif
<br /><br />And if you still don't like it then
moon.gif

SCO

Lieutenant

Where do u all get some of these gremlins. AMF, you've got a fouled plug in your attitude. We all get that sometimes. Do the right thing and own up you're off base with your criticism. I've been helped by JB and read countless posts where others are helped. It's a fast moving board, and your message can be quickly buried.