I think I've done the dumbest thing ever today.....UPDATE

Ron G

Commander
Re: I think I've done the dumbest thing ever today.....UPDATE

thats a good one :) :)

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by heyttown:<br />I would expect an answer she quietly says "pole" and I mean alomost as if she whispered it.....I continued to look at her with a puzzled look on my face of "WTF is pole?Never heard of the restaraunt" it.
I'm in tears here :D :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

quote:Originally posted by heyttown:<br />I would expect an answer she quietly says "pole" and I mean alomost as if she whispered it.....I continued to look at her with a puzzled look on my face of "WTF is pole?Never heard of the restaraunt" it.<br /><br /><br />At least the passanger in your truck tried to warn you. As soon as i hit the pole i turned to my buddy and asked "Did that really just happen?"....all he said is "yeah" Only words that came from his mouth the whole time.........apparently he didnt see the pole either...until we hit it and our burger king cups flew out of the cup holders and spilled all over my sandstone tan interior

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by pony85:<br /> <br /><br />At least the passanger in your truck tried to warn you. As soon as i hit the pole i turned to my buddy and asked "Did that really just happen?"....all he said is "yeah" Only words that came from his mouth the whole time.........apparently he didnt see the pole either...until we hit it and our burger king cups flew out of the cup holders and spilled all over my sandstone tan interior
Worse part is, she is one of those passenger side drivers that normally darts her hand for the door handle to hold on, and presses really hard on the imaginary brake pedal on her side....This time she acted like nothing was going on?<br />Sometimes I dont understand her? :rolleyes:

Pony

Rear Admiral

my dad today....after him and my neighbors were done making fun of me...told me "Hey, there is a reason they call them accidents...if you meant to do it they's call them onpurposes." That is so true.

treedancer

Commander

Well might as fess up I was driving in western Kansas a few years back and did not get much sleep the night before was trying to make it to Wheat Ridge Co. before going to bed. To make a long story short I dozed off and hit a tree. Nothing serious but if anyone has ever been in western Kansas and seen their tree I managed to hit it.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The second dummist thing ya' did was post your first dummist thing here pony.....ya' know all these folks here are just soft hearted and will give ya' all the support ya' want and help make ya' feel better bout what ya' done.......YEAH...RIGHT......LOL..... :D :D <br /><br />We all do dumb things at one time or another....and when ya' think about it....(after the fact)....it is really funny!

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Reversed really quickly into a parking space while arguing with wife. Smashed the wing mirror off the side of the car against a large concrete post. Whilst admiring the damage a woman walked up and said " I thought only women drivers did things like that" I couldnt even think of a retort.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Driving home from work in the snow - took 2 hours to get home, drove nice and safe like...<br /><br />Coming down the stretch of road into the subdivision <br /><br />No one on the road but me<br /><br />Snow packed<br /><br />Brilliant Idea of "time to practice my panic stops" <br /><br />I hit the brakes not hard, car goes into immediate 360 spins and I hit a "go slow" sign, <br /><br />I cause 600 damage to door <br /><br />Next car I bought had anti lock brakes.

Pony

Rear Admiral

tomatolord- i did something similar. on the road in front of my house i want to see how my car handled in the snow. put it right in the ditch. luckily i didnt hit anything..........<br />which is good because i extra money to repair my truck. just got the call back from the shop. i bent the frame slightly so im looking at 700$ plus.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

don't worry about it, pony85, who among us has never tried to back a pickup out of a service bay with the drivers side door open?<br /><br />and then did exactly the same thing two days later in the same dang truck?

Realgun

Commander

Was at a car dealer and was going to trade my old car for a newer car. Didn't find any cars worth trading for so got in my car and backed up, BANG!<br />I though Oh no not a car please not a car. No it was a 5 ft diameter 3 ft high mount for a light pole. I could not see it when in the car. Did no damage except to my pride. <br /><br />Oh and there was no pole or I might have seen it!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I was sitting in my van eating my lunch. Noticed a woman sitting in her S-10 eating her lunch. In front of us is a row of concrete posts that hasn't had the lot lites mounted yet. SO it is easily looked over when your sitting in the car/truck.<br /><br />So while we were eating a semi pulls up in front of us, but leaving enough room to pull straight out of the space.<br /><br />This lady gets done eating and pulls out. SHe sees the big truck so she tries to stay clear of it. SHe gets her speed up and all of a sudden kabam! Yep, she drove the front wheel into the door jamb with the bumper wrapped around the wheel. I went over and let her use my phone to call her work. She was in tears and looked at me and said "I knew those posts were there". Gave her a ride back to GM where she works. She didn't have a very good day.<br /><br />Parking lots are very dangerous. Especially in fast food resturants where people are hungry and anxious to get there food.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Well first thanks to you all for the funny stories.....its a nice break from some of the political and religious rants goin on in the Dockside Chat lately....<br /><br />Anyways to make a long story short, the truck got done being fixed today. The total out of pocket bill since i cant claim it on insurance is a whopping $1526.67. So much for a cheap lesson....

D

DJ

Doh!!!!!