I need to sell my boat slip

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I need to sell my boat slip

Been working with a realtor and looking independently so I've seen a lot down there. Was originally looking at the $200K range but decided to up it to around $250K so we're not outgrowing it in a few years. Would love to get one on a lagoon but the ones in that range are mostly run down or quite small. If only I was looking 5 years ago.......

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Agree w/you there. 16 years ago my parents bought waterfront for 95k the the realestate market collasped in the 90's and you could buy waterfront for around 50-60k. Now it seems like the New jersey realestate market just will not stop climbing my house has doubled in value in 4 years. If I where to believe the appraiser, more likely about 75%. Seriously though take a look at osborne il. the houses there are bigger and some on the water.<br /><br />If you need any info about Proberty taxes in an area let me know as a tax collector I can get the inside track on some info. Also make sure you find out what the ratio is assessed value/fair market it could give you a heads up as to if there is going to a reassessment or revaluation which will make your taxes increase.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe there is a re-evaluation scheduled for LEHT shortly.You also won't get much on Osbourne Island for $250.My son and daughter inlaw have been looking in the area for 6 mos. and my wife works for Prudential Zack Realtors. Dave

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Your probably correct dave but is was a thought. They have put up some real classy townhomes over there though.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

My parents just got their revaluation notice. So yes, there is one about to happen! They knew it was coming. Looking at a few tomorrow, hopefully we'll find something nice. :D