I need to sell my boat slip

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
In October I reserved a 2005 slip in Keyport NJ for my 23 footer, paid in full. I'm now moving to southern NJ. I need to try to find someone to take the slip. Is it OK to look here for someone, or will this infringe on the 'classifieds'? It's a nice slip, protected creek, last slip so it's got a finger slip on one side and no boat on the other. <br /><br />Thanks,

KaGee

Admiral
Re: I need to sell my boat slip

Won't the marina make any kind of adjustments??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I suggest eBay, the iboats Classifieds, Boat Trader, etc.<br /><br />Not here.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

I called them KaGee, My Father is (was, he moved) a long time customer (boats and slips), I spoke with the son Mike Jr and he asked me to call back when his Father Mike Sr was back in the state, in early Feb. Sounded like he wanted to help me out but wanted to check with the boss first. I told him I understand the contract says no refunds under any circumstances, but I was hoping he would make an exception if he could re-lease the slip, since it is Jan and we have a few months before the season starts. We'll see, I figured I'd do as much legwork on my side as I could in case they didn't come through for me. Paid $2300 for the season so I'll take as much back on it as I can get. Worst case I could keep it there, but it'll be an hour drive each way, and where I'm moving I'm within 5 minutes of my dad's place, which is on a lagoon with a dock out to Great Bay. <br /><br />Dad's marina charges $0.00 per foot. :D

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Steve,I think tou will do better with an ad in area news paper or boating paper found in most boating places. Possibly Star Ledger. Dave

KaGee

Admiral

WOW! $2300???<br /><br />And I thought $500 was rough!

Dunaruna

Admiral

KaGee, I just paid $15,000 BUT its mine to do as I wish (I don't own it but I have the right to re-lease it for a profit). Slips are a comodity to be wheeled & dealed around here. <br /><br />Aldo

mattttt25

Commander

around here, you pay $30-40K for deeded slips.<br /><br />where in south jersey, steve?

KaGee

Admiral

Well, a deeded slip is a different animal.<br />They tried that around here. It's kinda like having a condo. You still end up with yearly fees to boot.<br /><br />At those prices... I'll trailer thank you!<br /><br />One thing to keep in mind I guess is the boating season here is short. Dock fees are $500 for my size boat, electric and water included.<br /><br />I know Aldo most likely boats most of the year.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Tuckerton / Little Egg Harbor. Marinas get about $35 a foot down there compared to $100 a foot here. This is seasonal not deeded. However I'll be building a finger extention on my dad's private dock down there.<br /><br />Had a bid and signed contract on a house down there. Sellers just backed out yesterday (was still in attornet review) and took another contract so it's back to looking for houses. Ours here is sold and scheduled to close 3/15 on or about. It's one thing after another I swear. Thought it was all done and now we're back to house hunting.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

And yeah KeGee I'd rather trailer, and if I still had my 20 footer I would, but this boat is such a pain to launch and retrieve I'd rather slip it. The bayliner I could do by myself with one hand tied behind my back, this boat takes 2 people and is still tricky.

mattttt25

Commander

steve- not to sidetrack your thread, but just noted that you are running a 23' walk with 200hp outboard. i'm seriously in the market for a 23' or so walk and have seen that most being sold have 200hp engines on them. how do you like the combo. it seemed to me that 200 ponies was a bit light for a 23' walk, and that was the reason i saw so many for sale- underpowered. just wanted to know your opinion. thanks-

Fly Rod

Commander

;) KaGee!!<br />Is there any water under your boat for 500bucks :p <br />500 bucks wouldn't get ya boat storage around my way<br />May-October boat slip for a 26'boat is $4000.00 and if ya don't want to pay it their is someone waiting to take it over!!! Boat slips are at a premium around here!!! ;) :cool:

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Steve<br />I live about 5 mi north of Tuckerton but I trailer.Seems houses in this area are hot. I sold my house on LBI within 8 hours of listing.Good luck on your search. Dave

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Fly Rod:<br /> ;) KaGee!!<br />Is there any water under your boat for 500bucks :p <br />500 bucks wouldn't get ya boat storage around my way<br />
Right now Flyrod, nuthin but snow! LOL! $4000 Bucks??!! Sucks to be you! (JK!)<br /><br />Lake Erie has an abundant supply of dockage for medium size boats. And actually in the fall you have to be cautious... usually high west winds will push the waters out making some channels too low to navigate. Most folks here haul out in late September due to it. Where I go, no problem. They dredge periodically to keep the channel deep enough so the Sailboaters are happy. <br /><br />$20-25 per foot would be going rates at a respectable marina around here. Of course, there are some "high society" places that charge more and offer other perks. But, I'm not into that.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

HEY STEVE, we'll be almost neighbors. When I'm down at the shore I leave the boat at my parents in Mystic Island. They have lagoon property. Great Bay is wonderfull. The inlet is one of the best in the state. The only problem is that with all the wetlands the Greenies are horrible in the summer. they force you to go out to the ocean, but thats ok bigger fish out there. What's the name of your boat maybe I'll see you out there.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Just an aside try the advertising in the Salty Dog Steve. I always see property and slips listed in there. And since the mag is free it will get the exposure. Just my .02

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

JG, you don't have to tell me about the greenies. They just about carry us away on the no wake ride out to the bay in my dad's boat when we go out. Deep Woods OFF seems to keep them away from you. I have full canvas and will be hiding inside for sure. <br /><br />Boat is Stiff Nibbles II, it's the one in my avatar pic. I'll be out there every chance I get. My parents are on Twin Lakes on a lagoon there. <br /><br />My house here sold in 4 days. <br /><br />Matttt, As for the question about the 200 on the 23 footer, I don't have a problem with it. Planes very quick with me and the wife on board, and with 4 people on board (two of which are at or over 300lbs) it just takes a little trim tab action to pop right up on plane. I've topped out in best conditions at 43MPH on the GPS. Typical top end is 38-39, and good cruise is abour 32. Only thing I miss is the MPG I used to get on my bowrider with the 3.0 I/O. :D <br /><br />My parents bought their house on the lagoon about 6 years ago, for $104K. It's now worth almost $300K. My mother said to me if she knew that was going to happen she would have bought three of them. :) <br /><br />Wish me luck in the house search!!

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

My folks are on Lake Michigan. Steve did you check out Osborne Il. for houses last time I was down every street had a for sale sign. Be careful buying down at the end of greeen st in tuckerton a Full moon causes floods down there.