i need help on restoring finish

cotton22

Recruit
i am buying an 85 hydro sport. the clear coat is not flaking yet but it is rough to the touch. i am clueless on the proper procedure to make this look nice again. can anyone help with directions or tell me a website where to find this info.<br /><br />thanks a lot,<br />darron

cotton22

Recruit
Re: i need help on restoring finish

you know this is my first boat purchase and i have no clue if it is clear coat or gel coat. i havent seen the boat yet but talking with the guy on the phone i am very optimistic that i will be pleased when i look at it this weekend. so anyway how can you tell the difference? is one easier to bring back to a shine than the other?<br />dc

Cruiser

Cadet
Re: i need help on restoring finish

Not entirely sure how to tell the difference but I would imagine that the Gel coat would bt thicker than a clearcoat and should be easy to recognize - I hav never seen Gel coat crack or peel - it just fades away - working on a product called Vertiglas this weekend that is supposed to restore old and faded gel coat - let you know how it turns out<br /><br />Good luck with the boat purchase