!!! I need H E L P!!!!

snaps

Cadet
Hello, My Problem is strange, I had a Suzuki DT200 outboard, I<br />brought it<br />used here at Venezuela, It´s work aparently very nice, but I had a<br />little<br />problem when I increase the power running, If I increase the power<br />step by<br />step (very slow I mean) in an intermediate point the motor go off.<br />And I<br />need re-start it again, and begin again to run. If I give all the<br />power at<br />one time, good it work and I can go decreasing step by step the<br />power and it<br />work but when it come at this point that is near to 2000rpm the<br />motor go off<br />I tried to adjust the carburators but nothing happends. I don´t<br />know if you<br />understand what I want to say (sorry for my english) and if you can<br />help me,<br />best regards.

snaps

Cadet
Re: !!! I need H E L P!!!!

NO BODY CAN HELP ME?, NO BODY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SUZUKI MOTORS? JESUS, HERE AT VENEZUELA DOES NO EXISTS A DEALER, I SENT MAILS, TO USA,CANADA,JAPAN.... NO BODY ANSWER TO ME.<br /><br />I WANNA BURN THE MOTOR

These guys will help you, just be patient. Also when asking for free help, DON'T YELL!!!!!!!!<br /><br /> And don't start a bunch of strings on the same problem so someone trying to help you has to jump all over.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Has it always done this or has it just started acting this way? It almost sounds like a lean condition if Im understanding correctly. <br /><br />When you accelerate slowly and the motor starts to die try bunping the primer (or choke). If that helps you may have to clean the carbs which probably isnt a bad idea anyway. It may require some rejetting if its always done this.<br /><br />Good luck!

snaps

Cadet

Thanks for your answer, yes I cleaned all the carbs, they are cleaned like a jewell, I´m starting to belive that the motor are devil pocessed, I´m thinking in a electrical problem!!!!???!!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Did you have the problem before you cleaned the carbs?

ob

Admiral

Juan ,we need to take your problem one step at a time in order to rule out all of the possibilities.I concur with Dhadley in that your problem sounds fuel delivery related.Could be anything from restricted fuel through carbs to carb synchronization out of adjustment.This is where a factory manual becomes a priceless tool.<br /> <br />Try operating motor again and bumping the fuel primer and note whether the engine picks up.We're assisting you sight unseen and if you will bare with some of the troubleshooting process we can get to the root of the problem.Do all of the sparkplugs look about the same when removed ,or do some appear wetter than others?<br /><br />Also a specific year and model number of engine would be helpful.

snaps

Cadet

yes, for that reason it´s that I cleaned, I cleaned the hoses, changed the clamps, changed the filters, cleaned the tanks,all.<br /><br />Yesterday I was testing something, I used a aux fuel tank, early at morning, flat sea, blue sky, no wind, !! perfect !!, It work nice, accelerate good, no shut off, this was like a 15 min. I connected the fuel line directly, hose to the tank-hose to the motor(no filters)when the aux fuel tank was near to empty, I connected one of the main tanks, accelerate and go good, but in two minutes came back the problem, I went back to the dock, cleaned again the hoses, all the fuel system, I filled again the aux gas tank, connected again this, started again, and with this aux tank remain the problem plus one new more, begun an alarm of over revolutions,???????<br /><br />I don´t know what´s wrong with this motor, If you see it at minimun, and accelerate at the dock, you say-- what a great motor!!! It´s like a competition. But if you are running.........<br /><br />thanks a lot all your help

snaps

Cadet

Ob, it´s a Suzuki DT200, Yes I tried pumping, and it sometimes work, but not always. I called a mechanic weeks ago, and this rookie don´t know nothing, he can´t find the problem, at finall told me--- I´m a YAMAHA mechanic no a SUZUKI mechanic Sorry, and gone.<br /><br />good bye holidays....

ob

Admiral

Your description leads me to believe that your main fuel tank has a restriction which is possibly the pickup tube strainer.Also if your main tank has a fuel connector with an anti-syphon valve it could be defective causing restriction.Insure that it is venting properly .

snaps

Cadet

Ob, If I disconnect the hose from the T connector, and left it at the floor, the fuel come out like a garden hose,it come by gravity with power,there is not the problem, I belive....

CARLOS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JUAN,<br />NO SÉ PORQUE RAZON CERRARON EL OTRO TOPIC.<br />BUENO,SI ESTAS SEGURO DE QUE LOS CARB ESTAN BIEN LIMPIOS(PORQUE TODAVÍA INSISTO DE QUE EXISTE ALGUNA OBSTRUCCIÓN PARCIAL EN ALGUNO DE LOS MAIN JETS, DONDE FLUYE EL COMBUSTIBLE EN GRANDES CANTIDADES PARA SUPLIR LA ARRANCADA)DEBEMOS SEGUIR INVESTIGANDO EN PARTES ELECTRICAS.<br />EN SEGUNDO PLANO, DEBES REVISAR AVANCE DE ENCENDIDO. FUNCIONA DEBIDAMENTE EL MECANISMO DE AVANCE DE ENCENDIDO?<br />MI EXPERIENCIA NO ES PRECISAMENTE CON MOTORES SUZUKI(LLAMADOS "SUZI" EN USA), PERO LA LÓGICA ME LLEVA A LA SOLUCIÓN DEL PROBLEMA.<br />1-ANTERIORMENTE VENÍA PRESENTANDO ALGUNOS SINTOMAS?<br />2- CUAL FUÉ SU ULTIMA REPARACIÓN?<br />3- ASEGURATE DE QUE LA MEZCLA DE ACEITE ES LA ADECUADA. UNA MEZCLA MUY RICA EN ACEITE, PODRÍA OCASIONAR QUE EL MOTOR PRENDE Y AL ARRANCAR SE APAGA...<br />4- LA GASOLINA ESTA LIMPIA, NUEVA?<br />DE TODAS MANERAS INSISTO EN LA "CARBURACIÓN".<br />SEGUIMOS EN CONTACTO.<br />CARLOS

ob

Admiral

If you can pump the primer bulb and get engine to pickup you have established that there is a delivery problem through carbs.This is either restriction or synchronization related.If carbs are opening late in relation to the ignition timing your motor will also show a similar syptom.<br /><br />Possibly improperly sized jets as Dhadley suggests but you have to tell us whether this is a new problem and whether the engine ever operatied fine before. Then we can rule out jet sizing and concentrate on fuel restriction or link and synch as your possible culprit.<br /><br />Again you need to tell us what the sparkplugs look like.Wet? Dry on some?

CARLOS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JUAN,<br /><br />OTRA COSA.<br />CUANDO DESARMASTE LOS CARBS, SACASTE LOS DOSIFICADORES DEL MAIN JET?<br />ESTOS DEBERÍAN ESTAR UBICADOS EN LA BASE DEL DEPOSITO DE COMBUSTIBLE, Y ESTAN ROSCADOS GENERALMENTE AL SURTIDOR PRINCIPAL.<br />OJO: TIENES QUE ASEGURARTE DE QUE LOS 6 MAIN JETS ESTAN LIMPIOS SIN OBSTRUCCIÓN. Y PARA ELLO TIENES QUE REMOVERLOS, DE MANERA QUE GARANTICES EN FORMA VISUAL LA LIMPIEZA DEL DOSIFICARDOR O MAL LLAMADO "JILET"<br /><br />NO DESESPERES, TEN PACIENCIA, QUE LOS CANGREJOS EN FUERA DE BORDA SON FASTIDIOSOS.<br /><br />CARLOS

snaps

Cadet

COÑO!!!!, Carlos el punto 3, de repente es esa vaina, Ayer cuando la probe en la mañana con el tanque auxiliar, yo le habia desconectado el tanque de aceite del motor,(el que lo alimenta directo) y funciono bien, luego lo conecte y termine de armar y sali a probar con el tanque auxiliar, y claro, aceite mezclada en el tanque mas la que le inyecta el, es mucha aceite, sera esa vaina????, ahora porque me dio una alarma de over revolutions?????

ob

Admiral

Carlos,with all due respect if you post your replies in a language other than English it doesn't give the other members a chance to respond to your comments.You could be telling him to use milk as an optional fuel source for all I know.Adios.

snaps

Cadet

Sorry Ob, I was talking with carlos about oil/fuel, and I said: Carlos point 3, is suddenly that case, Yesterday when probe in the morning with the auxiliary tank, I was disconnected the oil tank of the motor, (that feeds it direct) and I work well, soon connects and finishes arming it and went to prove with the auxiliary tank, and sure, oil mixed in the tank but plus that it injects , is much oil, would it that case????, now, why?? gave an alarm me of over revolutions????

snaps

Cadet

ob, the sparks are ok, I pulled out yesterday and I see they ok, no wet, not a lot of carbon too,Ob, from where can come an alarm of over revolutions? and why?

CARLOS

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OB, YOU ARE RIGHT.<br /><br />SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE.<br />IT IS ONLY PURE COINCIDENCE THAT OTHER VENEZUELAN GUY TO POST IN THIS SITE.<br />AS JUAN EXPLAINED YOU, WE ARE ONLY TRYING TO DISCARD FUEL DELIVERY PROBLEM.<br />IN FUTURE, WE´LL CONTINUE EXPLANATION IN ENGLISH.<br /><br />THANKS FOR YOUR KIND UNDERSTANDING<br /><br />CARLOS