I,m a slow learner. Need some clarification.

lilyperch

Cadet
New stringers, transom ,closed cell foam, new deck all tabbed in then resin.
Deck is seamed to hull. Hull drain at rear end of boat. Where does the water go on top of new deck that is sealed to hull?
If it drains somehow to hull does,nt the new foam get wet?
Where do I find the threads for re- attaching cap to hull?
Where is the threads for attaching console?
Where is the thread for repainting the transom and hull cap seam and or painting the boat?
Is there a thread about built in livewell, storage, etc.?
Lots of detail about major work I am trying to understand the refiiting of the periphials.
Is there a thread for making molds?
My goal is to re-design the new deck to make more user friendly.
1989 Ozark 174 fish ski with a compltely rebuilt force 85 hp. Got it all very inexpensive. The motor is fantastic.
Thank you,
Info here is fantastic.

thetmaxx

Cadet
I'm hoping my new deck drains into the ski locker, then into the pvc that runs to the bilge. Or runs down directly in to the bilge. I think bilge is where the water needs to end up so it can be pumped out.

lilyperch

Cadet
Yes, neighbor came over good friend has experience, made some clarification for me. Like I said I am new to this.
Ty

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
I'll do my best here, keep in mind that you can always ask questions once you get to the bridge.

New stringers, transom ,closed cell foam, new deck all tabbed in then resin.
Deck is seamed to hull. Hull drain at rear end of boat. Where does the water go on top of new deck that is sealed to hull?
If it drains somehow to hull does,nt the new foam get wet? The center of the bilge is usually left unfoamed to allow the any that may make it there to drain to the bilge plug/drain

Where do I find the threads for re- attaching cap to hull? Look through some of the completed restorations?

Where is the threads for attaching console? Project Fuggly would be my recommendation

Where is the thread for repainting the transom and hull cap seam and or painting the boat? Paint your boat with tractor paint...... Say what???

Is there a thread about built in livewell, storage, etc.? Project Fuggly not specifically but the info is good

Lots of detail about major work I am trying to understand the refiiting of the periphials. Not sure what falls into the periphials catagory

Is there a thread for making molds? Project fuggly for sure

My goal is to re-design the new deck to make more user friendly.
1989 Ozark 174 fish ski with a compltely rebuilt force 85 hp. Got it all very inexpensive. The motor is fantastic.
Thank you,
Info here is fantastic.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Also most will make a bilge well at the transom below the SW around the bilge plug. This gives above deck water a place to collect to either be pumped out by the bilge pump or drain out the bilge plug. The bilge well should also be ported so the any below deck water can drain to the pump/drain.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Post pics of your project and that will make it easier for the crew to help ya with most any questions ....