i knew 'they' were tracking me

ziggy

Admiral
while i have a gm vehicle (fortunately an old one w/o onstar). this just isn't right. imho, it's happening more and more with everything we do too. where's my privacy in this new age? everything we do has a advertising price on it. or they track my moves to help them decide what ad's to generate towards me personally. it's becoming not only disgusting, it's becoming an infringement of my rights. i don't wanna be tracked, photographed, eves dropped on in any way shape or form. corporations (the gov't) have alterier motives behind these gizmos... heck, i bet someones tracking me via my cell phone too. if i weren't in biz, i'd drop it in the lake. let'em track that.

makes a fella wanna move out into the boony's somewhere w/o any high tech gadgets to live my day out.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: i knew 'they' were tracking me

Internet, facebook, My Space, Twitter, Smart phones, etc, etc.

Privacy is a thing of the past, Zig.

Living out in the boonies with no hi tech except the net helps some, but not enough.:mad:

southkogs

Staff member

One day you're out mowing the lawn ... next day your an "easter egg" on Google Earth.

Orwell wasn't so far off after all :D

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Have you seen the movie "V for vendetta"?:eek:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

As soon as "they" decide it's chip inplant time, thats when the guns are unburied

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Just wait till you find out about the tracking devices they implant during a colonoscopy. I'm just sayin'.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Just trade in your vehicle to one without OnStar.

I was outside the house on day and saw the Google Earth vehicle ride by photographing everything on the street. If you think for a minute that you're not being tagged, just put your phone number into Google and see what comes up. Took me about 5 minutes to find my SSN!!!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

A buddy of mine had to have a pacemaker with a defibulator put in his chest. He said he was part Chinese since it was made in China. I said, you better hope the manufacture doesn't hack into that electronic device in your chest. They could pull the plug on you anytime.

He got a laugh out of it until he got thinking that it could be possible ....

mscher

Lieutenant

I don't follow the tin-foil hat crowd, that this is all some conspiracy, to control us, at least directly ( you know those coupons that they hand you at the grocery checkout?).

It is technology.

Are those that have the tracking technology using it, at least to their benefit? Sure they are. Can the Govt. or legal system, get it if they need it or want it? Sure they can.

Data storage is "cheap", so they save all of the data they take in.

When technology figured out that you could triangulate a cell phone's position, between towers, this was a good thing in an emergency.

If this same technology gets you convicted of murder, by blowing up your alibi, then that's not so good, at least for you. ;)

Might as well not set up nights worrying about it - it's EVERYWHERE.

lennyb

Seaman Apprentice

GPS manufactures along with on-star and other auto manufacture's are working on a deal to monitor and sell your driving habits to your insurance company or any other agency willing to pay for it. You would be surprised at the amount of information electronic device's store about the user rather it be internet, cell phones, cars, etc.. I personally have had to generate reports three times on stored readings (direction / speed / brake info / steering angles / etc ) from cars that were involved in accidents..

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Just wait until someone hacks the system and starts stalking ............... :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It will all be gone when solar flares and magnetic pulses hits the earth.

I can imagine how clerks in stores are going to have to learn math to figure out how much change to give back. When our computers go down in the stores, the kids become lost. They have no clue on how to take an order, add it up, include tax, and tender the cash.

gibletts

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And who has every looked at that xbox kinect device sitting in their living room all hooked up to the internet? How hard is it to imaging that thing is sending a live feed back to MS HQ or whoever?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

As soon as "they" decide it's chip inplant time, thats when the guns are unburied

They put chips in pets as we speak. Us next? Not as long as I'm breathing. Mark of the Beast? Big brother is here and has been for awhile....... Didn't they want to implant a chip that contained our medical history/records?

southkogs

Staff member

"... dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!"

The reality is that technology offers us some absolutely fantastic things. All of us benefit and use GPS regularly. All of use and benefit from cell phones regularly. Yes, people get a lot of information on my habits and use that to determine how best to sell things to me or charge me for services. In many cases I'm fairly aware of it, and somewhat put a stamp of "okay" on it. I profit in some manner (use of a cell phone and help on the way) by allowing them to be able to find me (triangulate the signal).

However, there is a point at which I will decide that I'm not willing to trade my privacy for a benefit. I'm not sure what point that is just yet, but I think it's getting closer. My right to privacy is still protected, and if I don't want OnStar to track where I'm going ... I'll make durn sure OnStar isn't functioning in my car. If I don't want Apple collecting data on my daily habits ... bye bye iPhone. And I agree - the day they want to force me to wear a chip ... I'll be lockin' and loadin' next to CheapboatKev.

southkogs

Staff member

Just wait till you find out about the tracking devices they implant during a colonoscopy. I'm just sayin'.

I got a real laugh outta' that ... especially thinking what some poor elint guy would wind up trackin' in my colon :eek:

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

It's not Paranoia if they are really after you;):D