I hesitate to post this, but prayer needed

JasonB

Lieutenant
I post here sporadically, but feel I know many of the members here at iboats and know that many here are prayer warriors and prayer is powerful. And maybe I just need to unload a bit. Right now I just don't know.<br /><br />My wife and I have been stressed out for the last few weeks as we sell one house and buy another closer to family. The deal is almost finished, but it has had some bumps along the way. Last week didn't help when someone rear ended my wife's car (our >1yr old was with her). This week has brought a greater test. My wife went to the doctor with some fairly minor pain today and came back with a terrifying diagnosis. Chances are that it is a minor discomfort, but this particular ailment in some cases is a first sign on MS. We won't know until early next week when they do an MRI. The Dr. says he doesn't believe it to be anything more than an isolated case, unrelated to MS as it is a minor one, but the chance is there. She turns 28 next week and we are moving into her dream house on her birthday. Unfortunately, until we know more, this is going to hang like a black cloud.<br /><br />Any prayers appreciated......

Re: I hesitate to post this, but prayer needed

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family are having to deal with this. Try not to dwell on what could happen and try to remain positive. We've all needed to be included in other's prayers at one time in our life, and you will be in ours.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

JasonB, You and your honey are in my thoughts & prayers as well. GBN just gave you pretty good advice. Concentrate on the positive. And remember, He never gives us more than we can handle.<br />
17_1_10.gif

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Prayers for you and your family JasonB. Sress due to anticipation of what may be is exhausting. Please be well, and we are here for you and yours.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Jason, "these are trials", Of course, I'll forward to Mrs 12'R and our prayer list, and tonight esspecially.<br /><br />As for the pain, the doc probably also explained "post-traumatic indications" or whatever they call it, when someone is involved in even a low-speed auto crash. These can surface days, even months after an accident. I learned of this the hard way back in my MX days. The diagnosis was a scarred ligaments (sp) from an ankle sprain. There is little they could have done for it, so I have "my days" of pain.<br />The reason I mention this, is in hopes that the MRI will disclose an internal bruise or other trauma from the crash that will heal, or be operable.<br />If the anxiety keeps you awake tonight, read the accounts of Job in the Bible. Such trials!! But in the end, what was important above all, was shown to be important above all, in spite of all that suffering.<br /><br />As for the new home, My lowly advice....I'm not a realtor, but have bought/sold my share of properties. I'm not a banker either, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.. :) Meaning, I'm by no means an expert.<br /><br />Let the bank do some sweating for a change. Be a little (not a lot)late for meetings regarding the loan. Let the bank come to you. Don't fall for bait-n-switch. Don't go without an experianced,unbiased realtor to advise you. If the realtor is jacking you around, fire them, and get a new one, or just tell them, "We've decided not to procede due to {all these late developements}" , and inform your bank of your leaning toward a change of plans. Make it "go/no-go" on those issues that truely stress the sale on your part. And if they cannot make this closing a less-stressfull affair, go with your gut....and RUN, don't walk out.<br />There are gobs of homes,gobs of honest realtors and ethical banks that would bend-over backwards to get your buisness....It's what they do. (just picture that commercial on the tube with all the bank guys in the line to make thier proposals). Let them compete for your buisness.

LadyFish

Admiral

Mt thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours Jason. Just remember behind every dark cloud is a ray of sunshine.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Hang in there Jason. We're all rooting for you.

bubbakat

Captain

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and wife jasonB. I don't live but a hoot and a hollor from you so if you need anything just sing out.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Iknow how much prayer can help those in need through rough times so my family will also pray.

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jason, I'm praying for you and your wife. My wife has MS, it is not easy, but it could be a lot worse. We've been blessed, my wife's MS has been very responsive to the available medications. I will pray that your wife doesn't have MS, but that if she does it will be responsive to medication.<br /><br />Check out www.nmss.org, the website of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.<br /><br />My email address is brocharlieb@charter.net, if you will send me your wife's name I like to pray for people by name.<br /><br />The hardest thing for us was an initial period of time when the first neurologist told us that she might have MS and she might not, but he couldn't tell. He said not to worry about it, they wouldn't treat it at that stage anyway. If you can't get a conclusive diagnosis, and if you're not dealing with a neurologist who specializes in MS, go to a neurologist who specializes in MS. If they say that she has MS, but they don't want to medicate it at this stage, go to a neurologist who specializes in MS. If it is MS, everytime there is a flare up it leaves scars on the nerve tissue, the medications usually reduce the number and intensity of the flare ups, thus reducing the amount of scarring.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Many thanks for all the support. I'm over the initial shock somewhat. Admittedly, when I posted earlier, I really felt like I was about to break and that can't happen. As a footnote to everything else, I have an MRI for tomorrow as well to find out if I need another back surgery. That is a walk in the park though since it is something I understand and can deal with. I keep reminding myself that God never gives you more than you can handle, but he has more confidence in me than I do.<br /><br />What we are reading is that what she has been dx with is often a pre-cursor to MS somewhere between 5%-60% of the time. For the other 40%-95%, it is just what it is, a relatively minor discomfort..... Don't ya just love statistics like that?<br /><br />12Footer, the snag with the house isn't the bank, it's some snags in closing on the one we are selling, nothing major, just dragging it out. <br /><br />We're trying to stay positive, but it's tough.

oddjob

Commander

I'm on the prayer board also for you Jason. Keep your chin up.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

I'm praying for you brother. Remember, if God brings you to it, He is faithful to bring you through it. He also sends others to help.....

Carphunter

Commander

JasonB, hang in there buddy. Many prayers will be coming your way.<br /><br />I too had a similar occurance a couple of years ago. My Wife had a tumor that the doctors were testing to see if it was cancerous. The week and a half waiting for those test results, were the most excruciating of my life. It ended up not being cancerous, even though a historectomy(sp) was in order for her.<br /><br />I will say that it sure helped me tremendously to post here, and have many of the great folks on iboats post their encouragement. Some of their stories helped me get through that tough time, and I will be forever grateful for that.<br /><br />Prayer is a powerful thing, and I assure you that you and your family will be in ours.<br /><br />Stay positive.<br /><br />Please keep us posted.

aspeck

Staff member

Prayers have been sent heavenward from the aspeck household on your behalf. We will keep praying. Keep us posted on the developments.

SoulWinner

Commander

Jason, I am forwarding your request to some awesome prayer warriors. Remember:<br /><br />No weapon formed against you will prosper.<br />And also:<br /><br />If God is for you, can be against you?<br /><br />Be blessed brother and rest peacefully in His love. May He watch over and keep you. May His face shine upon you and your wife.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hope for many good things to come to the JasonB family..... :)

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

God test us all, but he will also help you through it all. Just keep the faith, and the wife and I will pray for ya....

JasonB

Lieutenant

Just a small update. We spent much of the day with various medical professionals. The net effect is little new information except a likely confirming second opinion on the original "minor" problem and the MRI date was moved to Monday, so Tuesday we get the results. At least it's two less days to be in limbo. My MRI is over, but it is of little consequence. The worst case is that they will tell me Monday that I need surgery. Been there, done that once. It's a known quantity and can be easily shelved until we know more about my wife's condition. Our spirits are a bit improved. God is in control. <br /><br />The oddity of this is that all this stuff should be known by Wednesday night. Of three stressful events, they all come down 1 per day next week. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday....Tuesday is the important one. The other two are immaterial.