I have water!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
May 14th, our well pump 'lost prime'. I primed it up, and it werked fine....Until the next time it kicked-on. We have a daul pump system, with a well pump that supplies a 300-400 gallon areator tank, which supplies the house.<br />After pulling the suction pipe from the well, we determined the well had been drawn-down so far, the jet pump could not lift it. This would not be a problem if the casing was large enough to get a jet , or submersable pump down below the water. My casing is 2"....Arrrgh!<br />I had to have a new well put down, but could not get any well drilling firms to return my calls.<br />VIA land-line, Pointer94 came to the rescue all the way from Wisconsin,(where my second pump was purchased). Not only did he answer all my questions regarding wells and such,but got on the phone, made some calls, and got a driller down here to contact me.3 Weeks later, and I have water!!<br />I wasn't totally without, thanks to a great nieghbor and a garden hose. And I rigged the pump to prime by way of another garden hose after that, and just shut the well pump off when away.<br />But now, I have a 4" well with submersable pump, and life is good!<br />Thanks, Doug!

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: I have water!!

Saw you working on that. Good deal. Never gave it much thought until we lost a water main and didnt have water for couple days. Like you we used a nieghbors hose.

FLATHEAD

Captain

I also saw and read that thread. Man what a good place this can be!!! Good to hear it 12 footer. :) Kudos Pointer

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we also have well water here 12'r and know what<br />it's like not to have H2O. water table is MUCH<br />higher here though. never had a problem with water<br />levels(knock on wood). had a pump fail once, but<br />the worst was been when electric service fails.<br />washed my face a few times from the tap on water<br />heater ;) <br />well done Pointer! never ceases to amaze me what<br />one can learn from this forum...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow!<br /><br />Nothing helps one appreciate modern conveniences like having to do without for a few days (or weeks).<br /><br />Nothing helps us appreciate good friends as much as having one jump into the breach and help us out when the need is great. Pointer is clearly that kind of good friend.<br /><br />We have a private community water system here that is about 50 years old and breaks and leaks occur that require temporary shutdown almost weekly. My line to the tank is almost a mile long.<br /><br />Our volunteer water system maintenance crew rarely needs more than a few hours to get it back up and running. <br /><br />If the water pressure drops to zero as you stand in the shower, fully lathered and with soap in your eyes you gain a new appreciation for indoor plumbing and wonderful neighbors. You also learn to keep a few jugs of water handy at all times. :) <br /><br />Sure glad you are back to full service, 12Footer, and friends like Pointer are really good news.