I cant believe nobody posted on this yet.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
All I can say is not soon enough<br /> :mad: :rolleyes: :mad: <br /><br /><br />Rather to Resign 'CBS Evening News' Post <br /><br />By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer <br /><br />NEW YORK - Dan Rather, whose nearly 24-year tenure as anchor of the "CBS Evening News" was clouded by a recent questionable report on President Bush's National Guard service, said Tuesday he will step down in March. <br /><br /><br />Rather said his last broadcast as anchor would be March 9, the 24th anniversary of when he assumed the position from Walter Cronkite. <br /><br /><br />The 73-year-old newsman said he will continue to work for CBS, as a correspondent for both editions of "60 Minutes." <br /><br /><br />"I have always been and remain a hard news' investigative reporter at heart," he said in a statement. "I now look forward to pouring my heart into that kind of reporting full time." <br /><br /><br />SEE YA...............

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I cant believe nobody posted on this yet.

Ho Hum.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Dan who?????<br /><br /><br /> :confused:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'd Rather not remember! :p

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to bore you JB. I guess it sort of a big deal to me being that he is er....was the figure head of a liberal media that just with in the last 2-3 months( not limited to that time frame) has bashed my Prez, A war I believe in, My countries marines and others in the service, Gun ownership and My beliefs and religion. Ya your right.......... Ho Hum.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I'm gonna cry.<br />(like the rest of the libs)

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do it mean he gona go back to Canada now??????<br />Ho Hum

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

He tried already but we wouldn't let him in.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) It's no big deal !!!! :D <br /><br />We all knew that if "BUSH" was re-elected that Rathers days were numbered!!! ;) :cool:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by alderman:<br /> Do it mean he gona go back to Canada now??????<br />Ho Hum
That is Peter Jennings, alderman. Dan Rather is a homegrown Liberal.

KaGee

Admiral

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out....

Twidget

Commander

Hmmm, only 24 years, it seems so much longer. ;)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Not soon enough. His biased and fabricated reporting will be his legacy. Too bad so many people believed him over all these years. <br /><br />I hope his replacement will at least be honest.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

With all newscasters you have to sort threw there idiocincracys to get the heart of the story, dan was no diffrent in that aspect. Where he was diffrent was he is a comidian also...Kinda like SNL version of the news.<br /><br />"he must be sweating like a man walking threw a fernace with a gasoline suit on"<br /><br />"It's not over yet but his back is against the wall and the bill collector is at the door and the rent is due"<br /><br />Personally I think he was haliriuos to watch, besides do you excpect his replacment to be any diffrent?

ebbtide176

Commander

dam, its a shame he got a post about himself. for all the good i think he probably tried to do, he screwed it all up on the level of the fellows he is supposed to be working for. maybe he has a special place that only he can fit. <br /><br />sorry, that is the best pre-eulogy i can think of. he leaves no lasting impression on me, other than the same bitter taste i get from a car ride with a cigar smoker. i'd only offer that he really went to the edge, trying to impress the 'righteous liberal thinking americans' and left a nice cigar butt in the playground of the backwoods do-it-yourself independant americans.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Yawn. Left Leaning Limosine Liberal Leaves.

Homerr

Commander

Like I said with Arafat:<br /><br />"One more wart off the a$$ of society"<br /><br />About time he left.<br /><br />Good riddance, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his *******. :eek: <br /><br />H.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

They'll just get another "do-boy" to parrot the party spin. They had to act now tho, due to slipping ratings.<br />When hey does resign, 2004 will be forgotten (by thier sheep,anyhow).

NYMINUTE

Captain

Didn't his name used to be Bob Boring?? By By Dipwad :eek: :eek:

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dan who?<br /><br />I've said too much already!