I am so dang proud of W

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
When he first took office I took him for a sort of cute buffoon. But he has really grown into the job, hasn't he?<br /><br />Anybody else think he's kicking a little Kerrybutt right now?

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: I am so dang proud of W

GW has shown great restraint and he is definetly debating Kerry to a pulp!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JasonB:<br /> GW has shown great restraint and he is definetly debating Kerry to a pulp!
It's kinda hard to beat a big bag of hot air to a pulp, isn't it. Kinda like shadow boxing. You can see GW's exasperation but he is conducting admirably.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Kerry wants to pull the troops out and that is sending the wrong message to the troops over there and the one's that have lost their lives over there.<br /><br />Like doing it all for nothing.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I like what GW is saying but he still has problems verbalizing it. This is one of the most boring debates I have seen. I would like GW to show a little more respect to Kerry, while continueing to beat him to a pulp. GW is the president be presidential, please.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Good point about the hot air Boomyal. I really get the idea that GW would like to drop this formal debate nonsense and just hash it out. I thought it was very cheap of Kerry to bring up Bush Sr's war on Iraq and try to use it against GW. I thought GW was about to unload.

Ralph 123

Captain

Maybe my iBoats buddies can help me out here. What Global test does America need to pass to protect itself under a Kerry Administration? Does that mean the UN gets to decide when we protect ourselves? That's insane!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Kerry is so pathetic its very frustrating to debate him. It was very boring cause it was like arguing with a child. Everyone knows the answer, but you have to sit there and listen to Kerrys stupidity.<br /><br />I just wish GW could verbalize better.<br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

What I heard several times by JK was that we were fighting a war prematurely in the wrong country and yet he clearly stated near the end of the debate that Sadam needed to be removed from power.Also mentioned that he would not pull troops out but win the peace in Iraq.So which is it?Does JK think that the entire Iraq military effort was a mistake or needed.He talks smoothly , but if you analyze his comments in their totality ,the message is unclear.If Kerry is elected,I anticipate four years of finger pointing to the prior administration for all of his failed policies.<br /><br />Oh and to answer the question posed by Ralph...I think what he means Ralph is that he will be more willing to get support from more of the UN nations by pandering to their financial and political demands.In short ,,by kissing more tush.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I will answer that question, and I want to answser that question, but before I do, I want to talk about how you did everything wrong, and I want to bribe other nations with cash and sign their treaties that put all the burden on the US, and I have a post in the fishing forum, and answered one in the Force forum, and Butros Butros Galli said in 1973 that he loved his momma.<br /><br />What was the question?

dogsdad

Lieutenant

All I heard out of Kerry was "BAHOOGAWAGA!"<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> All I heard out of Kerry was "BAHOOGAWAGA!"<br /><br /><br />-dd-
Yes, but he certainly stated it very eruditely. :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> It was a wash. Nothing new.
I agree for those of us who follow this stuff.<br />(no matter who your for)<br /><br />It was my hope at first that most of the brain dead people that only get their information from main stream news would get a chance to see President Bush a little different. hahaha After the drugs wore off I realized that those people wouldn't watch the debate anyway.<br /><br />After all they can find out what is really going on by watching Dan Blather on 60 lies or Peter Jerkings, or Tom Broken.<br /><br />Frustrating from my side of the bench anyway :) <br /><br />Had to do a edit to include:<br />Yes I'm also proud of him. But for other reasons also. Like when he visits troops (all branches) healing from wounds and there are no camera crews for photo ops. If taken the pictures are mailed to the families and not released to the press. <br /><br />This is first hand information, not something heard on the tv or radio!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I wanted to clear-up OB's confusion...<br /><br />Kerry favored more diplomatic attempts before invading Iraq (which would've failed as they always did), and a more mulitlateral force to oust Saddam (which might have happened with more time). But now that we're there, he wants the job finished and a free Iraq. It's not like you can turn the clock back and start all over. He'll have to deal with the hand he's been dealt and he wants US to succeed.<br /><br />I was hoping for a little more fireworks. No "Gotcha"s this time. Maybe next time. Any VP debates? Cheney vs Edwards could get very interesting! But as for this one, I don't think any minds were changed and few were made-up. Stay tuned...

tylerin

Commander

I know who I'm voting for and near impossible to change my mind at this point. No disrespect, but I've seen better debates in High School

crab bait

Captain

i to am proud.. proud that he got out the word 'fidiciously'..<br /><br /> am to proud of the way he answered every question with that snorty nausally stupid smirk laugh ,in a fine presidental way..<br /><br />i to am proud of the way he took his butt kickin'..

LadyFish

Admiral

I rate the debate as a wash. I thought Kerry was pretty sharp in most of his points and presented himself strong and may have changed a few minds about being wishy washy.<br /><br />On the other hand, he did a poor job of addressing the questions as far as stating he has a plan but never really stating what that plan is. Especially as far as pulling the troops out of Iraq. He eventually ended up repeating what President Bush had stated and it didn't come across as sincere.<br /><br />I felt Kerry never directly answered many of the questions. He did his best to make Bush look unwavering and pig headed. Kerry's comments about how to handle Korea did him great harm.<br /><br />I was a little disappointed in Bush. He was tired and repetitive and I thought his comments about Kerry being a flip flop, and inconsistant were overused and ineffective. His comebacks could have been much better, its not like he didn't have amunition. I think he was tired and slow to react on several ocassions.<br /><br />I was proud however, with all thats on Bush's plate right now, of the job he did stating the facts and figures of his administration. He did his homework.<br /><br />I hope the next debate, Bush gets his game on, cause when he does......<br /><br />.......he's unstoppable. :)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br />....Any VP debates? Cheney vs Edwards could get very interesting! But as for this one, I don't think any minds were changed and few were made-up. Stay tuned...
The VP Debates are next week. What is Cheney going to do to Edwards? :eek: <br /><br />
Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> .....What Global test does America need to pass to protect itself under a Kerry Administration? Does that mean the UN gets to decide when we protect ourselves?.....
Kerry is on record as saying that he does not favor committing US troops at any time without UN approval and backing.<br /><br />Kerry scares me. He will sign any treaty, consort with any foreign leader, and allow the UN to be the command structure to our troops, all while the US is signing all the checks to pay for everything.