Hydra Sport Specifications

MarkV_Deep6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello

I have an older 1984 25' WA. On the hull opposite of the serial number there is a stamp 'KEVLAR' from the manufacturer.
Are there any web sites that may have the build configuration and specification for these older boats. The newer boats (some) have kevlar stringers I was told, the older 'Kevlar' boats included the hull also on the smaller boats.

Thanks if you can assist.

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hydra Sport Specifications

Can't help you MarkV, but I'm interested in an '83 25' WAC and would like to hear more about the boat (and/or your boat), it pros and cons, construction, etc. I'd be using it primarily for salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. This one has an outboard - does yours or does it have an I/O?

MarkV_Deep6

Petty Officer 1st Class

No I/O.
I have a single 300 Johnson hangin on the back that pushes it along very well so far. 50 mph is fast for such a heavy boat. I guesstimate the weight to be some where in the mid 4000 pound range. Unfortunatly I have not had it long enough to tell you much about the ride in rough water.
This boat has been... 'not optimally maintained' and yet it is still very viable and solid. Everything is logically placed and refurbishment of items is fairly simple. I have not had to change out any control cables yet but I can tell that will be fun, as with any boat.

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

I looked at an old Crestliner Sabre last summer that had one of those Evinrude 300's mounted on a bracket. Looks like a pretty cool motor! Sounds like the key to it's longevity and performance, necessarily in that order, is to make sure it is not starved for fuel in any way. Seems like Dhadley was a big fan of these motors, if I remember correctly.