Hurricane Katrina

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I sure do feel grief for our southern friends. Wife and I have been praying for them as well. I've seen destruction in the past, but this one seemed to do much more.<br /><br />I pray that our iboats members in that area have held up. Hoping to hear from them soon.<br /><br />This household doesn't have much to offer for aid, but we are sending our donation to the Red Cross. I urge other members to do the same. Thanks.....SS

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Another natural disaster in the USA. Tens or hundreds of thousands left without power, water and food. Hundreds die in the storm. More will die from the after effects. <br /><br />Step back and watch as hordes of foreign nations send millions and millions of dollars in relief funds in reciprocation of our millions in aid and services from our citizens, treasury and military given to the rest of the world in their hour of need! <br /><br />Yep, that’s sarcasm.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I agree SS. I hear they need boats for rescue.<br /><br />Mark, do we really need those funds and aid? You are supposed to help those that are less fortunate. Lets all give thanks that the USA is the country that is the "most" fortunate.<br /><br />Also, remember, Thailand refused financial aid, they only accepted labor and donated items.<br /><br />Ken

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Ken, this country is not a bottomless pot of money. Let the world help our less fortunate for a change. <br /><br />I just want to point out that all this aid we give does affect our country. And all its citizens. Think about all the relief we give away the next time you hear about government programs being cut here. <br /><br />We need to take care of our own first.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Mark,<br /> I don't think now is the time for your rant and whine.

txswinner

Banned

BoatBouy, When would be the time for the ranting and whining. He is dead on target and we better wake up and take care of ourselves first!!!

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

txswinner, didn't question the validity of his statements, just his timing.<br /><br />Only a damned lawyer would worry about the money before the all dead are found, much less buried.

Twidget

Commander

BB, when is good timing to ask if anyone will offer to help our folks out? We have always commited aid before the dead were counted.<br /><br />I would like to point out that just about anyone that lived in that area is now 'less fortunate'.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Words of wisdom from a coroner in Mississippi "There is nothing we can do for the dead. They are dead, we need to worry about the ones that are still alive and how to help them"<br /><br />I heard today that Wally Mart is donating 1 million for the relief effort. Other large chains are expected to do the same.<br /><br />I'm already sick of the what ifs and such about the politics. These people need to help instead of bantering. This is the largest displacement of people from their homes ever. This is not our governments fault by any means. It will be up to us citizens as a whole to help our brothers and sisters out. Please do..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

SS, talk to the wall for all the good it will do to talk to the "other side"<br />They think it's GW's fault just like everything else.<br /><br />It's time to help people in any small way you can.<br /><br />I just sent a few bucks to the American Red Cross to help a little.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Another natural disaster in the USA. Tens or hundreds of thousands left without power, water and food. Hundreds die in the storm. More will die from the after effects. <br /><br />Step back and watch as hordes of foreign nations send millions and millions of dollars in relief funds in reciprocation of our millions in aid and services from our citizens, treasury and military given to the rest of the world in their hour of need! <br /><br />Yep, that’s sarcasm.
Mark42,<br /> Don't mean to thread on you “sarcastic rant” but it would be more accurate if you exchanged Billions for Millions in the latter part. Should read like this.<br /><br /><br /> "Step back and watch as hordes of foreign nations send millions and millions of dollars in relief funds in reciprocation of our Billions in aid and services from our citizens, treasury and military given to the rest of the world in their hour of need!"<br /><br />Just don't hold your breath while yer waiting.............you'll turn blue, and pass out.

LadyFish

Admiral

We've never depended on anyone outside the U.S. to help us out before during a natural disaster why start now.<br /><br />I think we can all help eachother right here in the good ole U S of A. We might not have unimited government resources, but if everyone gives just a little bit, we can make a huge difference as individuals.<br /><br />You never know when you might be in the same boat yourself one day.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This just in.<br />Reuters: "Hundreds feared dead in Biloxi Miss.", city spokesman says.<br /><br />Let's all pray for these people in the aftermath of this mighty storm and quick all this bickering. <br /><br />Gezz, it does get old after a while.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree, we need to focus on helping everybody affected down their. Bickering is a waste of time and energy and is not helping anyone at all, period. If you can give to the Red Cross, please do so no matter how small the amount, if you can't, keep these folks in your prayers. They are living a nightmare, they need our help.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Good ole American pride would have me refuse any aid from other countries. Would you accept it if they offered?<br /><br />The USA didnt help any other 1st world contries when they had natural disasters.<br /><br />Again, let us all be proud that we live in a country that we dont need help from others.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

LF wrote: <br /><br />
We've never depended on anyone outside the U.S. to help us out before during a natural disaster why start now.<br />
We will we indebted to NOONE.<br /><br />We'll take it from here.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

You guys may think of it as a handout. I think of it as a debt they owe us. I always take money owed me.<br /><br />BTW I heard this morning on the radio that the dollar cost of Katrina is going to be in the BILLIONS. As in HUNDREDS of BILLIONS. I think your pride is misplaced. Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

dolluper

Captain

Just a side note the Canadian Red Cross is sending help and the U.S.A is greatly receiving it.There are specialized workers going on route now,many hydro workers are on route also.So don't worry we are helping and you guy's are taking the help as anyone would in such a disaster.Up here we are donateing cash for the efforts as we did with the Tsamui.Good Luck to all hope your lives turn around soon