Hurricane Deck Boats

sportsnut87

Cadet
Does anyone know anything about them. I saw 2 this past weekend and man are they sharp boats, So much so my wife even liked them. I just havent seen to many of them out

wuttja

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hurricane Deck Boats

My dad has an older Hurricane with a 150 hp outboard. He lives on the Mississippi River, and it's a great cruiser/party barge plus has enough power to pull tubes & skis. I liked the deck boats as well, but they are just too wide to park along side my driveway and too heavy for me to tow so I ended up going with a 21' bow rider.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer

I have a hurricane 195. 19 ft long, seats 10 (USCG label). I have an outboard, better for the flats.

We like a lot. Mostly for watersports (tubing, skiing, wakeboarding). Lots of room for the length, fairly good handling. It does not handle rough water as well as deep vee boats, but we do all most of our boating in protected waters.

boat.jpg

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Godfrey built some good boats and the Hurricanes have been around a long time.

I work with a guy that worked there for many years and he has nothing but good to say about them, run nice, up on plane fast.

The only thing is I would get one from 2005 or earlier, a pair of lawyers from Chicago bought Godfrey in 2005 with the results you would think, I believe they have 1 original managment level employee, everyone else left or was run out.

I work for the competition so from a buisness stand point it is good for me but I really hate to see a good company like that run into the ground.

But yes, they are good boats.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

there are a lot of deck boats available. i have a 23 ft Chris Craft.

Marcq

Petty Officer 1st Class

there are a lot of deck boats available. i have a 23 ft Chris Craft.

Nice deck boat, I really like the lines and, it doesn't look like a deck boat.
Like the last pictures, nice setup

Marc..