Hummm, no not for me.

southkogs

Staff member
I've always enjoyed watching people do that, and think to myself what a blast it would be to try. But then there's this little nagging thought ... I would be the guy who took a "header" right into his own PWC providing the thrust.

64osby

Admiral
^^^^ This and I can think of better ways to spend $6K +, plus a PWC.

If you could find a way to have the PWC move in the water and fly with it, it might be fun. Not just sit in one spot.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I look at such things and think, maybe back when I was young and really dumb and was able to actually do that without breaking anything. But these days, I am sure an ER visit would be in the recipe. :facepalm:

southkogs

Staff member
If you could find a way to have the PWC move in the water and fly with it, it might be fun. Not just sit in one spot.
Actually, I think the PWC will follow you just from the force of the water jet if you move along. There's a "jetpack" out there that is similar setup ... though I don't think it requires a PWC.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
They do this at the marina I am at in Big Bear, CA. It's kinda pricey and they don't go as high as the guy in the video. I would definitely try it if they didn't charge so much.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I think I would HAVE to give it a try ! At least until my knees and ankles started to hurt .. But as said above .. A face plant on the pwc would prolly happen ..
:crutch:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
They are pretty far away from the PWC when I have seen them. The guy on the PWC has control so if he sees anything going haywire, he just cuts power.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
You can rent these here in my neck of the woods the guy who rents them says they take a lot of practice and not for the faint of heart