Hummingbird Transducer Cable

jamieat

Seaman Apprentice
I have an older Hummingbird 200 DX. The cable is about to break off at the transducer and is causing the unit to malfunction. Is there a way to cut the wire, and go inside the transducer to reattach it? Is there any other suggestions besides purchasing a new transducer? Any advice is appreciated.

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hummingbird Transducer Cable

Look for a used humminbird with xducer on ebay or bit the bullet and buy new. Those xducers are considered "non-repairable". They are potted and the wire length is critical for accurate readings.

John_S

Rear Admiral

If your break is right at the transducer, there is not much that you can do. If it was further up, splicing might have worked. You just have to be careful with the shielding and resealing if below water line. I do not believe the HB are "tuned" to any length, because you can add numerous lengths of extension cables, splitters, etc, without any recalibration.

Start watching ebay. The 200DX used a two prong connector, so there will not be allot of other HB units transducer that will work with yours.

Another thought, since your wire connection hasn't broke all the way through, you might be able to add some wire support and allot of epoxy to hold in place.

jtcarter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a nice 525 hummingbird on my bow right now i'm about to get rid of. If your partial to yours the tranducer might interchange. Although the 525 might be a more updated version. I went to a gps combo on mine. If you can get to the wires to splice to make the repair, silicone might work to reseal it. I've also use liquid electrical connection sealer to reseal stuff that gets water on it. Might we worth a try.