Humminbird

twag

Cadet
I've not seen many favorable comments regarding Humminbird products on this board, in fact some say stay away from them altogether. <br /><br />With that said, I just bought a Matrix 17 with the optional GPS receiver. Did I make a $275 dollar mistake? Should I bail out now and buy a Garmin before it's to late? I guess time will tell, or maybe I can pedal it off on e-bay <br /><br />From the information I've gathered, software issues arose and other claims of not being able to read the bottom, I only see certain parts of the screen, etc<br /><br />Any comments regarding the relatively new line of Matrix Humminbirds. Thanks

riptide116

Seaman
Re: Humminbird

I bought a used hummingbird tx-400 early last year,no problems other than some condensation on screen when the temp change from cloudy to sunny,it clears up real fast,<br />easy to read.<br /><br />sliding,lockable transducer mount so I can retract & extend the transducer,about 6-8 inch so when I launch or recover in the elevator,or shore it,it wont get munched and buggerd up and yet still usable when running or the troll.<br /><br />if I could fugure out how to post pics,one would be included.

bullgator99

Seaman Apprentice

I just put a Matrix 37 on my boat and I'm real happy with it. Told the wife I can not only see the crawdads on the bottom, but I can tell which ones are missing a claw!<br /><br />________________________________________<br />99 Four Winns Horizon F&S / Johnson 115

tommays

Admiral

99<br /><br />when i was in grade school in the 60s i lived on woodland ave in johnson city. allways loved looking for crawdads in the streams<br /><br />tommays