Hullo All

edjunior

Seaman
Wow, just found this site. I was over on the fiberglassics/mfg site, but never knew this one existed. I was cruising around the Mercury board and just happened to go back an scroll down and saw this one. Anyway, I have a 1969 Edinboro and just got my 75hp Merc going on it. It had a 50hp Mariner, but just seemed to be a little too little for it. The Edinboro is rated for 80hp, so I got close. Anyway, the boat is in fair condition, but certainly doesn't look like it was ever "well" cared for. My brother replaced the floor in it, put some new seats in it, and otherwise used the heck out of it in saltwater. I got it from him, ran into a change of jobs/location thing, and let my other brother hold it for a while, where he let it sit and weather, and I rescued it from him again finally. Got it cleaned up and got the new motor on it, and now we're starting to get it out again. Had to fix a small hairline crack in the bottom center, so far it seems to be holding well. Otherwise, looking good. I'll get some pics when I get to my other computer. Don't know if I'm really going to put a lot of effort into restoring it or anything, but we'll see.

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Hullo All

Welcome Edjuinior!
This sight is an excellent wealth of knowledge and help . Enjoy .What part of the country ( or what country ) are you from ? I'm up in S.E. Massachusett .

edjunior

Seaman
Re: Hullo All

Welcome Edjuinior!
This sight is an excellent wealth of knowledge and help . Enjoy .What part of the country ( or what country ) are you from ? I'm up in S.E. Massachusett .

I'm down south in Texas, just north of Houston. You live just down a ways from my brother-in-law. He lives up in North Bellingham. I'll be checking on the site when needed. Thanks for the welcome.