Hull repair Tige Boat

oldwakeman

Cadet
Unfortunate tag of dock and was wondering if I can temporarily use as is since it is above the water line? If not is there a patch type product to allow use until I can get it to a shop? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hull repair Tige Boat

Perspective would help here... How long, deep and wide is that damage??? AND, where exactly is it located on the boat?

oldwakeman

Cadet

Perspective would help here... How long, deep and wide is that damage??? AND, where exactly is it located on the boat?

Added more pictures above. The location is just behind the Tige Bird-like decal close to the rubber bumper. Will try to include a better picture once I pull the boat out again. It is about 5 - 6 inch long.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol......how dare you do that to a tige !!!!....:p

yes you can run it.

that is just a deep scar....allbeit a nasty one.

the fiberglass is scratched but its mostly the gellcoat.

the estimate on that repair would be around 500 bux.
you can do it your self for less than one third. however matching the white gellcoat will be tough for you.

as a temporary fix.....you could use a product called marine tex. smear it in like bondo and let cure......however it will look like carp.
then to do the real repair.....the marine tex will have to be removed.

to repair it properly your self......just hit search on this forum.....there are many examples of that exact repair......repair time, 4 hrs including cure. difficulty rating out of 10 ..........6

hope that helps

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

by the way.....welcome to iboats !

oldwakeman

Cadet

Thanks for the input. Would prefer well matched color and probably wait to have it done.