Hull help?

weekender1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello
second time posting would like to know on my tri hual i just redid the keel on it do to bad damage to where you can see the fiberglass i redid it with bondo glass and it has been sanded down smooth should i just shoot it with a primer then paint it or just paint it and then put a coat of gell coat on it.

Also i have notice cracks in the belly of the hual there not to bad maybe you can get a razor blade in the crack. but there is also some spidering? what would some one recommend me to do??

Weekender1

(Don't judge a boat unless it wont float)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hual help?

Gelcoat will NOT adhere to paint. If you're going to gelcoat then clean it with acetone and gelcoat it.
As for your cracks use a dremel and gouge em out a bit. Mix up Some Gelcoat and thicken it with cabosil to the consistency of mayonaise and fill em. Spider Cracks same thing . Clean EVERYTHING good with acetone first. Gelcoat needs to be sprayed with PVA in order for it to cure properly or you could add some Duratec High Gloss Additive to take care of the curing.

www.uscomposites.com is a good source for your materials or check with a local marine shop and see where they get their stuff locally.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Tri-Hull not Hual!!!