How to tell where you have posted

samsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How do you tell if you have posted in a thread? Is there something that automatically shows you have, or is there something you manually have to do? Is it not possible to tell, unless you go to "My Recent Posts" or actually open the threads and look to see if you have posted there?

southkogs

Staff member
Look at the icon on the far left of the diagram:

It's pretty subtle, but it's there.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Unfortunately, the diagram southkogs attached doesn't tell you what threads you have posted in. A fix is supposed to on the way from VBulletin, but they have been saying that for 5 releases. So :noidea: when.

My Recent Posts do show any thread you have posted in. Also if you aren't shown as the last poster, another member has posted after you. If a thread is listed, you have posted to it.

In the snip below of some of my recent posts, the top thread has one or more posts after my post. In the second, I was the last poster.

recent.PNG

samsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks southcogs and GA Boater for responding. What I'm asking about is an indication in that diagram that shows I have posted somewhere in a thread. So when I open a sub-forum, like say "Forum and Website Issues" and it lists a page of thread titles in that forum, there is an icon that shows which of those threads I've posted in. Most vBulletin driven forums will have a checkmark that shows you've posted (Subscribed) in a thread. In GA Boater's snippet shown above, it will appear in between the paperclip and the "responses, views, likes" part.

In the other vBulletin sites, you are automatically subscribed when you post and a checkmark is automatically shown in thread lists. I see here I can manually subscribe, and manually pull up "my subscriptions", search through that for what I want and then go there, so I guess I will use that path.

Ummm....if vBulletin has been promising a fix for 5 releases for something that other vBull driven sites have had for years..... I know it's not much, but the little checkmark icon seems to make it much easier to navigate.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Check what version of vB those other sites are running.

Check other topics under this sub forum, it isnt as easy as it would seem, or may be even should be to make changes, w this vB5 software, the 'newest' version, this is release/update 5 or 6 of vB5.

Some features/ease of use werent carried over into vB5, another problem the iboats IT team is slogging thru.

samsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you. With the "My Subscriptions" and the "My Recent Posts" settings, I am finding it is easy enough to navigate here.

Googling "vBulletin options" reveals you all have plenty enough to do to keep the forum running smooth, tiny details like I was wondering about are not a priority for me.

southkogs

Staff member
Googling "vBulletin options" reveals you all have plenty enough to do to keep the forum running smooth, tiny details like I was wondering about are not a priority for me.
God bless ya' brother :thumb: