FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1977 7.5 hp Wards k751 outboard made by Clinton. There are no drain and fill holes to put in 90 wt oil in the lower unit as I've seen in other outboards. Can anyone advise me on how to lubricate the lower unit. Thanks
Welcome to iboats. <br /><br />Remove the prop, then remove the bottom gearcase cap. You'll probably find a thin white grease in there. That's what you'll need to put back in. I have two old tubes of LubriPlate 105 Marine Grease. I hope you can still get it. One tube will last you a lifetime. I tried putting gearlube in mine, but it leaked. The seals aren't terrible impressive on these.