how to lift boat in the yard

Selles

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need lift boat Whailer 13ft to repair the trailer & paint, explain me the most safe to do it. thanks.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: how to lift boat in the yard

The easiest would be to get a bunch of buddies together and lift it off and set it either on very sturdy sawhorses or on some tires. I figure 8 guys would be more than enough to safely and easily move it with minimal chance of injury. If it is a stripped hull with no motor, you could try it with less guys. Good luck....

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

jack block and roll its pretty easy hook the trailer and boat to the car wet the underside of the boat and push it back. you want the transome to hang off the back of the tailer enough to jack it up and block it higher then the trailer then slowly pull the car and tailer up the boat should stay on the blocks you might wanna have a buddy there to make sure the boat is not slidding off the block. o yaa use wood on the blocks so you wont screw up the gelcoat.them bock the sides bepending on the boat and size you should be ok. i have dont this alone about 10 times and never had a problem. just remember to pull the trailer straight out from the boat

Seaboo2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Slide the boat back some on the trailer. Run the trailer jack all the way down. Block up the stern of the boat. Raise the jack up (this will lift the back off the trailer). Block up the bow of the boat. Lower the jack (boat off trailer).