How to keep drive to gimbal housing water hose from coming off?

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is there any method to keep this hose from coming off? I trimmed my drive up and lost all cooling water. I had to get into the water to reattach it.

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's an alpha one drive bolted to a late pre alpha pre alpha transom assembly

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
hose installed fully and clamped tight?
I had to get into the water to reattach it.
underwater? hard enough to see the clamp out of the water

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yes i just put the whole assembly together a few months ago. I did put a hose clamp on there but it somehow still slipped off.

Did mercury use special hose in this area? The one on there is just auto grade 5/8 heater hose.

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
hose installed fully and clamped tight?
I had to get into the water to reattach it.
underwater? hard enough to see the clamp out of the water

I mostly did it by feel since i couldnt see the barb. It's possible to do it with the drive all the way up and turned right. Didnt bother with the clamp as it was just to get me back to the dock.

todhunter

Canoeist
Did mercury use special hose in this area? The one on there is just auto grade 5/8 heater hose.
I bought a Quicksilver transom kit last year and installed it. It came with a generic 5/8 heater hose like you mention and a molded 5/8 hose. I installed the molded hose. Maybe the generic hose is too short?

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought a Quicksilver transom kit last year and installed it. It came with a generic 5/8 heater hose like you mention and a molded 5/8 hose. I installed the molded hose. Maybe the generic hose is too short?

That is entirely possible. I used the old one i took off as a guide to cut the new one. The parts list is saying 13 3/4" for both the mc1 and alpha 1.

Chevyls6

Petty Officer 1st Class
It seems pretty tight in there but i was wondering if anyone has any tricks to get this job done easier.