How to give a cat a pill

LadyFish

Admiral
How to give a cat a pill

1. Pick cat up and cradle gently in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.<br /><br />2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in arm, repeat process.<br /><br />3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw away soggy pill.<br /><br />4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly in left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for count of ten.<br /><br />5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse in from the back yard.<br /><br />6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by the cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing a wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down rule and rub cat’s throat vigorously.<br /><br />7. Retrieve cat from curtains, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered vases from table and set to one side for gluing later.<br /><br />8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow in drinking straw.<br /><br />9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.<br /><br />10. Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck, leaving head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.<br /><br />11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw away T-shirt and fetch new one from the bedroom.<br /><br />12. Phone fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.<br /><br />13. Tie cat’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining room table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down cat’s throat to wash pill down.<br /><br />14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room. Sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.<br /><br />15. Arrange for ASPCA to collect cat, and call the local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.<br /><br />HOW TO GIVE A DOG A PILL<br /><br />1. Wrap it in bacon. :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How to give a cat a pill

There's other ways to do this, but the results are similar... :D :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

That's pretty close... :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Proving again that Cats have staff. Dogs rule!!!!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Cat pills....<br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />
m0c38

KennyKenCan

Commander

Awww, just rip its head off, ram the pill down its neck, and sew the head back on.<br /><br />The cat will never be the same again!

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG Barlow.
12.gif
And, KKC.<br /><br />Why is it that men despise cats so much?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well LF,<br /><br />The only good cat, is a dead cat!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> OMG Barlow.
12.gif
And, KKC.<br /><br />Why is it that men despise cats so much?
they act like women ... <br /><br />..only around and nice when they want somethin'.

spratt

Lieutenant

"Lost yer cat? Look under my tire!!"<br /><br />A bumper snicker I saw...

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cats don't make good livebait.......<br />Ross

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I have a Maine Coon ,a big one,And she takes her medicine pretty easily.I give her a few treats first and then offer her the pill.She approaches it as if it were another treat and then pulls back.I open her mouth and push it on the back of her tongue and quickly give her another treat and she does not mind at all.I offer this advice for the cat bashers in this post...Grow up dudes! Charlie

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My wife and I tried all ways to get one of our three cats to accept a dreaded pill and after an hour we gave up. There I was putting the third pill we tried back into the packet when I dropped it. The darn thing rolled over the floor and under the dining table followed by the lightening reflex'd reactions of our black cat who caught it and ate it!<br />Never been a problem since then.<br />Ross

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

dogs have owners,cats have slaves.

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i hear the chinese like cats and dogs too.just next to the mashed potatoes and rice :D

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ill drive clear off into the shoulder to run over a possum.
These are what i try drive over *TARGETS*

LubeDude

Admiral

I have a word for a cat I see in the road,<br /><br /> FLAT. <br /><br />Actually, I like cats, I wont swerve to miss one though. Ill drive clear off into the shoulder to run over a possum.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by crazy charlie:<br /> I offer this advice for the cat bashers in this post...Grow up dudes!
thanks for the advice charley ... <br /><br />now - some advice of my own. <br /><br />If I wanted advice I'd ask for it .. but, thank you so kindly for your humble and kind opinion.<br /><br />meanwhile I'll continue to bash the critters .. don't like 'em - useless unless you're a farmer, pet supplies company, or vetrinarian. <br /><br />Sorry for your thin skin.. put the lotion down and live a little.

tylerin

Commander

B20, Those cormarants are all over the California Wildlife areas (public duck hunting land). Illegal to shoot but from my blind I see alot of them folding from other blinds. If that makes you feel any better. They're a pest in the duck blind, and I hear they "DON"T" taste like chicken