How to get hours from 2004 Optimax 225

buckrogers

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
3
I'm looking to purchase a 2004 Ranger bass boat with a 225 Optimax. The owner tells me the boat does not have an hour meter for engine run time.

Can a dealer read the hours somehow? Is it stored in the motor electronics?
 

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
15,938
Re: How to get hours from 2004 Optimax 225

Yep... You can get a print out also that will give you complete history of engine...
 

buckrogers

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
3
Re: How to get hours from 2004 Optimax 225

Great thanks, I'll get that done.
 

Expidia

Commander
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
2,374
Re: How to get hours from 2004 Optimax 225

Great thanks, I'll get that done.

Haha . . . be interesting to see the actually hours after the dealer prints it out for you compared to what the seller might have quoted you.

I bet he never figured you could (or would try) and get a print out from the dealer :D
 
Top