How to disable 350MAG ignition coil?

saaristo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 22, 2017
Messages
192
I’m planning to use fogging oil for winterizing my 2005 350MAG engine, simply by spraying it through the spark plug holes into cylinders. In order to not dilute the oil while cranking I need to disable the fuel pump and ignition coil. Fuel pump I know what to do, but can somebody help me figure out which connector to pull from the ignition module? Is it the one up left or the one bottom right?
IMG_7533.jpeg
 

Fun Times

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
9,449
Lanyard safety kill switch at the helm should kill both the circuits in question and still allow engine to crank over…
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,634
I’ve done the fogging with oil/gas mixture before, though on Pentas. But just to educate myself, why not do the direct fogging with MAG350 MPI?
There are sensor inside the intake MAP, Temp, and others depending on model. The fogging oil will coat the sensors and cause them to measure incorrectly and or fail

And a catalyst motor could even worst
 
Last edited:
Top