FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone have instructions on how to build a bimini top or dodger? I've got an old 16' aluminum fishing boat that I'd like to construct a canopy for. The only thing I can find on the internet uses PVC pipe which looks ugly and cumbersome.
search the restoration forum, I just built a T-top after reading some threads on how to weld your own.
A conduit bender and some tubing is cheap, buy the bimini hardware.
look for a company that makes tarps for semi trucks and have a heavy duty one made or look for a tent, upholstery shop or one that does awnings for rvs
Follow up:
I purchased a 3-bow bimini top from Cabela's for $160 and am very pleased with it. Good quality, sturdy materials installs easy and works well on my boat.