How to attach bilge blower outlet to vent?

jonmurr

Cadet
With the engine finished for the most part, I'm starting to get the little things tidied up before engine installation. <br /> One of the first things I need some expertise with is how to attach my bilge vent hoses to the starboard vent. Whatever wood was there orginally is gone. It looks like there was just open bottomed 5/8" plywood box glassed into the port where the vent installs orginally,<br />but how they attached the two ducts to the ply is a real mystery. <br /> On the port side, the vent is just open to the bilge. Is this acceptable?<br /><br />Thanks for the help.<br />Jon

Bondo

Staff member
Re: How to attach bilge blower outlet to vent?

There Should be a plastic Collar that drops down thru the hole,+ gives you a flange to mount the tubing too........<br /><br />Both of Mine go to the Bottom of the Bilge.........

jonmurr

Cadet

Ok, I'll have to see about aquiring a pair of those. <br />Should the hose to the blower have a smal hole in it to drain rain water? Otherwise, it will pool until it drains into the blower volute.<br />Jon

Bondo

Staff member

Don't Your vents have "Clam Shells" over them........<br /><br />Either Way, A Small hole in the Vent Tube Shouldn't Hurt a Thing........