How To Adjust Trim Limit

Hello, First post here, trying to get my boat ready for a great summer!
I am having a bit of trouble finding some information, maybe someone here knows!

I just got done installing a swim platform on my Stingray 240CS. (2004, Volvo 5.7 FI with DP OD) and now I have noticed that the OD is hitting the underside of the new swim platform in the full up position, so I am trying to find out how to adjust the limit on the trim. Asking the question on another forum, and nobody seems to know, and one of the more knowledgeable posters say that there is no way to adjust the trim limit on this OD (and I really have a hard time believing that there is no adjustment somewhere due to all the different boats these engines and outdrives are on) . Does anyone here have any experience with this?

TIA

Lowell

alldodge

Staff member
Re: How To Adjust Trim Limit

Hello, First post here, trying to get my boat ready for a great summer!
I am having a bit of trouble finding some information, maybe someone here knows!

I just got done installing a swim platform on my Stingray 240CS. (2004, Volvo 5.7 FI with DP OD) and now I have noticed that the OD is hitting the underside of the new swim platform in the full up position, so I am trying to find out how to adjust the limit on the trim. Asking the question on another forum, and nobody seems to know, and one of the more knowledgeable posters say that there is no way to adjust the trim limit on this OD (and I really have a hard time believing that there is no adjustment somewhere due to all the different boats these engines and outdrives are on) . Does anyone here have any experience with this?

TIA

Lowell

:welcome: to iboats Lowell

There is an adjustment for running trim level. This level as you probably know is so you don't over trim when running. There is no adjustment for trailer up position. You could have some custom cylinders made but that would be way to expensive. Another way would be to built an electric switch to turn the pump off when it reaches the swim platform, but this to would be custom

:welcome: to iboats Lowell

There is an adjustment for running trim level. This level as you probably know is so you don't over trim when running. There is no adjustment for trailer up position. You could have some custom cylinders made but that would be way to expensive. Another way would be to built an electric switch to turn the pump off when it reaches the swim platform, but this to would be custom

Thank You for your reply. I am starting to think that maybe the best thing to do is draw a line on my trim gauge with a sharpie and forget about it.

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Merc drives have a trim limiter that can be adjusted. Volvo, as far as I know, does not use them. Instead they used trim cylinders with built in spacers that limited the amount of travel that could be attained. There were a couple settings available from the factory. As I am guessing you do not want to go through the trouble of replacing your trim rams, I would do what you suggested and mark the trim gauge.