How shallow can you fish in a SeaPro 180 cc.

dasjlm

Cadet
Just wondering if it's ok in shallow water assuming going slow of course as I'd like to use around Charlotte Harbour and has lots of shallow areas?

SeaPro180

Banned
Re: How shallow can you fish in a SeaPro 180 cc.

Draft on the SeaPro 180cc is 8", but 15-18" is a realistic minimum for fishing.

Watch that tide! :facepalm:

WGLOVER

Cadet

Yep, Like "180" says, the draft is very shallow but 18 in is more realistic. The motor will be your problem. If you are willing to lift the motor and pole along you can get very shallow. Move your weight to the bow to offset the engine weight on the stern.

SeaPro180

Banned

Good tip - raising motor and standing in front, as the Motor, then the rear "Vee" will dig in at the rear first in shallow water.

We use a Cajun Anchor to hold our position. Much easier/cleaner than a traditional anchor, and less cost/complexity/height than the Power Pole (which is also very nice).

WGLOVER

Cadet

Yes, in shallow water like this those anchor rods work great.

SeaPro180

Banned

I've go the Cajun Anchor.

The Wang, DigIN, StickIt and HoldMyPole all look good too. Anyone else using them?

David B.

Seaman Apprentice

I,ve took mine into 1' of water, I lift up the motor and move around with my trolling motor set shallow, I hit bottom all the time with the TM but still never been stuck yet. Also been ten miles out in the ocean. thats the best thing about those boats, they can go anywhere

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

using our bow mounted electric trolling motor on our 180 DC we have crossed some points in less than a foot of water .... the boat has proven to be capable of getting me into very shallow water for fishing

Jim