FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Assuming its like any other outboard you should have two screws, upper and lower, fill from the bottom till it comes out the top. I always buy two of the tubes.
I have always used the little pump that you can get to screw onto the quart bottles. My outboards usually take a little less than a quart, but with a V6 I'd assume you have the "larger" gearcase. If I were you, I would get 2 quarts before you drain it, that way you won't run out halfway through the job. If you don't use it all, you'll be that much further for next year.