FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I see you've listed Florida as your location. I have to assume you boat, at least at times, in saltwater. If this is the case I would suggest a Minn-Kota RipTide 55# thrust 12 volt trolling motor. <br />I have one on both my Whalers (16 and 13 foot) and am very happy with both.
You have to stay at 55# or under to stay with 12v. At least that's what I was told. Anyway, 55# should be plenty for your boat. I just got 65# 24v for my 17' aluminum hull. If I had any more power, I could go waterskiing with it.